Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Ottawa Thur. Nov. 03 7:30 pm on TSN5

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Puempel to take Stone's spot in top-6? Hoping to see Mad Max with Kelso and Neil, he will actually be useful there.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Hopefully the boys play a good defensive game tonight. Condon is decent but he won't bail us out like Andy does if we start having defensive breakdowns. We have a favorable schedule for the next couple of weeks so I'm confident we can get it done with Condon in net but it can go south in a hurry if we don't bring our A game.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Any word on Stone's exact injury? I know didn't skate this morning and isn't playing tonight but hopefully he's back soon

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
You never want to take anyone lightly, but the Canucks have only scored 17 goals in 10 games. The Sedins are aging, and they have absolutely no one else in their lineup who scares you. The Canucks are looking like a lead pipe cinch to be a lottery team. To top it off, they played last night in Montreal - any team doing back to backs on the road typically struggles in game two for obvious reasons.

Bottom line - absolutely no excuses in this one. These are the gift games on your schedule you have to win, because God knows there will be tough ones later on. We need to come out hard in the first ten minutes, set the tone and take away their will to win right away...

Can say that again, this should be a tap in but we know how the team plays down to the competition (Van fans should embrace the tank and look forward to some top end talent and brighter days ahead)....hoping for a change in that aspect and have been very impressed with Boucher and his system so far....i am quietly confident the fellas show up tonight!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
42 shots to 19 last night for the Nucks ,they are coming in frustrated for sure .Going to be a tough one .We cant be flat out of the gate or we will get lit up here:nod:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Can say that again, this should be a tap in but we know how the team plays down to the competition (Van fans should embrace the tank and look forward to some top end talent and brighter days ahead)....hoping for a change in that aspect and have been very impressed with Boucher and his system so far....i am quietly confident the fellas show up tonight!
They have two problems ...both have the last name .Nobody has the cap space to trade for both, add in a full NMC and they are married to them until they retire.Hard to rebuild with over 12 mill tied up in two players

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They have two problems ...both have the last name .Nobody has the cap space to trade for both, add in a full NMC and they are married to them until they retire.Hard to rebuild with over 12 mill tied up in two players

Plus adding Eriksson at another 6

We have a couple over 7 ea :(

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
With Andy's absence and Vancouver coming in a bit buttmad I expect a proper battering tonight.

Hopefully Condon shows some promise at least

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Plus adding Eriksson at another 6

We have a couple over 7 ea :(
I saw Ericksson as a bone thrown to the Twins,he will likely be moved around the same time as the Sedins retire.Or will be a cap filler for the remander of his contract.Vancouver is rebuilding ,the actual implosion is just being delayed .Them trying to remain somewhat competitive while making modest add,s doesnt change this

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We've done a pretty good job at reducing shots and scoring chances. The system also looked really good vs the Canucks in Vancouver. As long as we come to play I think we'll be alright.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I saw Ericksson as a bone thrown to the Twins,he will likely be moved around the same time as the Sedins retire.Or will be a cap filler for the remander of his contract.Vancouver is rebuilding ,the actual implosion is just being delayed .Them trying to remain somewhat competitive while making modest add,s doesnt change this

Vancouver's owner won't let them rebuild.

Benning isn't a top-tier GM by any stretch of the imaginaton, but he apparently took the job under the assumption that the team would be rebuilding, and has been expressly told by Aquilini that they are instead to chase the playoffs every year.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Vancouver's owner won't let them rebuild.

Benning isn't a top-tier GM by any stretch of the imaginaton, but he apparently took the job under the assumption that the team would be rebuilding, and has been expressly told by Aquilini that they are instead to chase the playoffs every year.

Lol. That's horrible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad