Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
2-1 for the Canucks? Ya maybe.

Oilers statistically had the better goaltending and still lost.
Lol statistically?? Only reason is because oilers stopped shotting the puck. Other wise silvos would of had well over .800 on the night. Couple of his goals were tipped in past him. Canucks got 4 passed Skinner while shooting from the fking goalliine

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
What's been interesting about these playoffs is we've seen a lot of matchups where one team swept the regular season series.

Avs vs Jets, Bruins vs Leafs, Bruins vs Panthers, Golden Knights vs Stars, Canucks vs Preds, and now Oilers vs Canucks

The team that had done well won every single game 1 in the playoffs, and every series besides Golden Knights vs Stars they lost game 2 (but then Dallas won 3 straight).

So I guess that's the positive for the Oilers.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Some Oilers fans still not giving Vancouver credit. I see a lot of excuses on how and why the Oilers lost but the main reasons seems to be that EDM somehow stopped playing and shooting the puck.

Give me a break. It couldn't be the fact that Vancouver is a deeper and better team top to bottom and just straight up took it to EDM and gave them more than they could handle. I watched the entire game and I didn't see EDM stop playing. I saw a Vancouver team ramp it up and control the last half of the game. Of course a teams shot count will slow when they never have the puck. EDM were out worked and out played.

Had Vancouver not had a very young 23yr old 3rd string goalie in net who was clearly anxious this would have been a completely different score and maybe then Vancouver would start to get the credit they deserve. I know this series is far from over, but some people need to wake up and realize this Vancouver team is a good team. You don't stay at the top of the standings all season long and dominate round one on a fluke. EDM are in for it.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
What's been interesting about these playoffs is we've seen a lot of matchups where one team swept the regular season series.

Avs vs Jets, Bruins vs Leafs, Bruins vs Panthers, Golden Knights vs Stars, Canucks vs Preds, and now Oilers vs Canucks

The team that had done well won every single game 1 in the playoffs, and every series besides Golden Knights vs Stars they lost game 2 (but then Dallas won 3 straight).

So I guess that's the positive for the Oilers.
Sorry, regular season games do not count.....please pay attention to this and all future narratives, they will be many and diverse...thank-you.....

Reactions: Summer Rose

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
This is what I get for turning the game off at 4-1.

I did the same thing.

Came home from work at 3am and stayed up to watch the game, turned the game off at 4-1 and went for a jog, when i came back the game was over and i had to double check the score because i had no idea how the oilers could implode like that.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Pack it up EDM...you aint winning shit with Nurse being paid 9.25M and playing significant minutes. It's just not gonna happen...

He and Ceci were on for 4 of the 5 goals against.

Brutal 'clear' attempt before the 3rd goal.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Impressive win Canucks, this team keeps preforming when it matters most! Canucks 3rd period wins -vs- Preds. Now this 1-4 3rd period comeback -vs- Oilers is the kind of stuff that gives teams the confidence to do great things. Canucks have long way to go with only 5 playoff wins of the needed 16 wins for "Cup". But..... this earned playoff confidence achieved lately shouldn't hurt their odds. Canucks are growing on me that more I watch them play. We might be witnessing NHL club, that's starting to figure it out, They could actually be the Canadian NHL powerhouse Canada's been searching & longing for.

Would be surprised if Edmonton doesn't get more PP opportunities next game, especially after one considers NHL/E$PN many incentives to have these 2nd round series reach 6 or 7 games. Now, Oilers have to push play so penalties are easier to call, but I'm curious to see what happens if Oilers don't push play enough. My guess, Oilers will still get PP opportunities no matter what they do. We'll see.... how Oilers take advantage of game/series management bone, that every NHL team gets sometime or another, will have weight with deciding if series is 1-1 or 0-2 going into game 3. Should be great PP -vs- PK chess-match where one teams special-teams will be celebrating afterwards. Onto game 2....

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Some Oilers fans still not giving Vancouver credit. I see a lot of excuses on how and why the Oilers lost but the main reasons seems to be that EDM somehow stopped playing and shooting the puck.

Give me a break. It couldn't be the fact that Vancouver is a deeper and better team top to bottom and just straight up took it to EDM and gave them more than they could handle. I watched the entire game and I didn't see EDM stop playing. I saw a Vancouver team ramp it up and control the last half of the game. Of course a teams shot count will slow when they never have the puck. EDM were out worked and out played.

Had Vancouver not had a very young 23yr old 3rd string goalie in net who was clearly anxious this would have been a completely different score and maybe then Vancouver would start to get the credit they deserve. I know this series is far from over, but some people need to wake up and realize this Vancouver team is a good team. You don't stay at the top of the standings all season long and dominate round one on a fluke. EDM are in for it.

They never will.

The boogeyman is constantly out to get them. They only lose because of bad reffing. They only lose because they chose to quit playing. They only lose because of scheduling. Excuses for everything.

Last edited:

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I did the same thing.

Came home from work at 3am and stayed up to watch the game, turned the game off at 4-1 and went for a jog, when i came back the game was over and i had to double check the score because i had no idea how the oilers could implode like that.

Like I said elsewhere.

The Darnell Nurse experience.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

The GWG was putrid by Skinner, no doubt. If you know hockey you know the only chance Garland has to score there is 5hole and he didn't cover it up. Terrible.

But Ceci and Nurse suck as bad in general. It's a nothing play a stretch pass to a flat footed guy in the neutral zone and leads to easy zone entry. Those 2 are straight garabge

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
The nerve of some Oilers fans implying they lost because of Skinner's play when they themselves had some very weak goals and only managed 15 shots is hilarious.

They went up 4-1 on a horrific goal and instead of just throwing everything on net managed to get exactly four shots on goal in the remaining 26:49 of the game. Seems bad!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad