Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Ottawa Thur. Nov. 03 7:30 pm on TSN5

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'll be there! Attendance doubled thanks to me!

Last time I saw them play here we made nice comeback late in the game, and still McLean got canned afterwards.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We looked good against them in Vancouver ... Looking forward to a good game from the Sens

Yes, me too. I think the Senators should win this game as they have been playing well, are at home, have the last line change, and Vancouver may be tired on the road.

If the Senators win, that would be 7 wins and 3 losses in their first 10 games, which is pretty damn good considering the changes made this season. With 14 points in 10 games, if continued for the remainder of this season, it would yield about 112 points and mean making the playoffs! Hopefully the team can continue to win games.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Last time I saw them play here we made nice comeback late in the game, and still McLean got canned afterwards.

I think I remember this game. MaClean was stoked that we won only to be fired the next day. Kind of bitter sweet as he was one of my favorite coaches until he came up with GSN

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011

I was at that game. Huge game for zibby. 4 point s i think

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Yes, me too. I think the Senators should win this game as they have been playing well, are at home, have the last line change, and Vancouver may be tired on the road.

If the Senators win, that would be 7 wins and 3 losses in their first 10 games, which is pretty damn good considering the changes made this season. With 14 points in 10 games, if continued for the remainder of this season, it would yield about 112 points and mean making the playoffs! Hopefully the team can continue to win games.

I love the optimism, but don't get my hopes up yet. I want to see the boys take it one game at a time.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
I have no idea why Pumps cant have a full game on a line with Pag and Stone. Zack hasn't done nearly enough to keep it going and a first rounder is a first rounder. Give the kid a few games, see if something starts going for him.

I know Dzingel played his way onto the lines but Pumps could just be that finisher we need on the PP or a clutch guy when you need him, just needs a playmaker on his line.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I have no idea why Pumps cant have a full game on a line with Pag and Stone. Zack hasn't done nearly enough to keep it going and a first rounder is a first rounder. Give the kid a few games, see if something starts going for him.

I know Dzingel played his way onto the lines but Pumps could just be that finisher we need on the PP or a clutch guy when you need him, just needs a playmaker on his line.

I'm not disagreeing with your point, but what does draft status over 5 years ago have to do with anything? I think it has been long enough that draft position is irrelevant.

Canucks are due to break out of their slump. I'm worried.

Ya. And they got shut out last night. They'll be playing hard.

HousePerseus

Oct 7, 2011
ottawa
@SunGarrioch
#Sens have recalled Fred Claesson and Max McCormick.

I guess stone may be out? perhaps just a precaution.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not disagreeing with your point, but what does draft status over 5 years ago have to do with anything? I think it has been long enough that draft position is irrelevant.

Ya. And they got shut out last night. They'll be playing hard.

That's fair. He's put up goals in the AHL at this point, which is more relevant. Last year, he was on pace to lead the AHL in goals (though Vatrano had a much better pace, he was still one of the best goal scorers in that league).

As a finisher, he needs a setup man, an no disrespect to Neil and Kelly, they aren't setup men.

I don't really like splitting up Smith from Pageau, they work well together, nor do I want to take Dzingel out of the top 6, but I might consider playing Puempel in Pyatt's spot on Turris' wing for a few shifts to see how it works.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Canucks are due to break out of their slump. I'm worried.

You never want to take anyone lightly, but the Canucks have only scored 17 goals in 10 games. The Sedins are aging, and they have absolutely no one else in their lineup who scares you. The Canucks are looking like a lead pipe cinch to be a lottery team. To top it off, they played last night in Montreal - any team doing back to backs on the road typically struggles in game two for obvious reasons.

Bottom line - absolutely no excuses in this one. These are the gift games on your schedule you have to win, because God knows there will be tough ones later on. We need to come out hard in the first ten minutes, set the tone and take away their will to win right away...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

my guess is driedger will start Edit: just saw Steve Lloyd's tweet so very well could be Condon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad