Canucks "NHL Revealed"

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
They really need to retitle this series NHL PLAYERS KIDS REVEALED.

Again, the second episode had more footage of players kids than actual games, the drama of the rivalries, or anything else. I just don't find this kinda thing interesting enough to base an entire series on. Maybe a bit here and there, but not this.

And again I find myself hoping the next episode is better.

Oddity

Nov 11, 2011

Again, the second episode had more footage of players kids than actual games, the drama of the rivalries, or anything else. I just don't find this kinda thing interesting enough to base an entire series on. Maybe a bit here and there, but not this.

That was my complaint with the 1st one, haven't watched the second yet. I don't give a **** about Okposo's baby. I don't care about their families. I want to see hockey **** like that "preview" where they hid Weise's helmet. THAT was entertaining.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Bieksa: "Kass, how many in a baker's dozen?"
Kassian: "I don't even bake!"

Booth: "I once asked [Kassian], how many muscles are in your quadriceps, he said, 'Man, nobody can answer that'"

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
They're focusing on too many teams, they should just do two teams per episode and focus half on each.

Having 10 minute tidbits on each team is just too little, especially when its all about the players families.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
david booth looks ripped

The guy is a tank:

booth_abs2.png

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary

I agree. Though I did find the bit with Brown's kids pretty funny.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I think this series is pretty good, but there's little to NO sub stained footage on the Canucks...so that's kind of a bummer

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think this series is pretty good, but there's little to NO sub stained footage on the Canucks...so that's kind of a bummer

It is a huge bummer but hardly surprises me. Ours is the later outdoor game and most of the series seems focused on the Stadium Series. Bull****, Rangers already had their 24/7.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
just caught the latest episode. kesler getting screentime, bringing his son to the rink to practice, then leaving his wife/family for another roadtrip.

Cromulence

Up and at them!
Nov 15, 2009
I think the only reason they're even showing Kesler is because he's American. This show is clearly trying to chase an American audience that I am sure is not there.

I agree that the NHL family stuff is getting pretty old. We've had 3 episodes and at least 15 minutes of families skating around on outdoor rinks. In episode two they showed the Ranger families and then the Devils families immediately after with the same music and everything. I just don't care.

They could be showing us actually interesting insights into in the dressing rooms with the coaches but instead we just get to see the same story about kids over and over again. I'm pretty sure the camera guys were there for Tortorella hallway incident and they didn't even mention it. They had a huge story fall into their laps but they'd rather show "Carl" Okposo's kid. I'm sure the NHL has a hand in approving content and don't want to show anything negative.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I think the only reason they're even showing Kesler is because he's American. This show is clearly trying to chase an American audience that I am sure is not there.

I agree that the NHL family stuff is getting pretty old. We've had 3 episodes and at least 15 minutes of families skating around on outdoor rinks. In episode two they showed the Ranger families and then the Devils families immediately after with the same music and everything. I just don't care.

They could be showing us actually interesting insights into in the dressing rooms with the coaches but instead we just get to see the same story about kids over and over again. I'm pretty sure the camera guys were there for Tortorella hallway incident and they didn't even mention it. They had a huge story fall into their laps but they'd rather show "Carl" Okposo's kid. I'm sure the NHL has a hand in approving content and don't want to show anything negative.

Yup, you betcha. The amount of times I heard Okposo "describe the feeling" of being a father was about 11 too many.

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
Along with too much family content, there's too much of just showing highlights from the games... Most of us have already watched it, and aren't interested in seeing it again.

I like hearing the chirps on the ice, and how the players communicate, etc. Also, not enough of the dressing room stuff. As an above poster mentioned, one of the funniest parts was them making fun of Kassian. Needs more of that.

Honestly though, I enjoy watching any of this stuff that I can, even if it is a bit too sobby and family orientated. Any looks into NHL player's lives is just so interesting to me.

Only part I really didn't like was the Sedin's with the horses... that was ****ing lame

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Along with too much family content, there's too much of just showing highlights from the games... Most of us have already watched it, and aren't interested in seeing it again.

I like hearing the chirps on the ice, and how the players communicate, etc. Also, not enough of the dressing room stuff. As an above poster mentioned, one of the funniest parts was them making fun of Kassian. Needs more of that.

Honestly though, I enjoy watching any of this stuff that I can, even if it is a bit too sobby and family orientated. Any looks into NHL player's lives is just so interesting to me.

Only part I really didn't like was the Sedin's with the horses... that was ****ing lame

Just filling their quota of family stuff (90% of each episode).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad