Canucks "NHL Revealed"

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Huh...
While I am excited about it...
And it does look cool...
I thought Gillis does not want reality TV.
He said that it is too much of a distraction.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
That's interesting... but wouldn't that also let the opposing team listen in, as well?

Would you really want an enemy in the locker room?

I don't think that's too important, if you're team is playing like **** on D , it's not a secret that in between periods the coach is going to say tighten up the D coverage or whatever.

Or it could be on a 5-8 min delay so if there's sensitive info or curse words they can just mute them out...

Evidence

Jul 3, 2013
Vancouver
Where will this be televised?

And when is it starting?

The seven-part series debuts Jan. 22 on NBCSN and Jan. 23 on CBC (with a re-air Jan. 26 on Sportsnet in Canada).

Subsequent episodes will air in the United States on NBCSN on Jan. 29, Feb. 5, Feb. 27 (two-part), March 5 and March 12. CBC will air the one-part episodes one day after NBCSN but will also air the two-part episode on Feb. 27. Sportsnet will provide additional viewing opportunities on Jan. 26, Feb. 2, Feb. 23, March 2 (two hours), March 9 and March 16.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=692054

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Always awesome to see behind-the-scene stuff. They really should market this team more in that way - I agree, fans eat that stuff right up.

Can't wait for it to come out.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Man, I'm really excited about this. I loved the 24/7 series SO MUCH, and I didn't even care about those teams. The whole time I was just fantasizing what it would be like to watch a show like that about the team I love.

This looks like a carbon copy of that series, so I'm totally on board! Gonna be great!!

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
It's funny how Tortorella's rant tone and cadence is so much the same every time. It blows my mind that people still think he's just a yeller with a short fuse. Everything the guy does seems so calculated and according to the formula. Terrific coach.

Last edited:

Big Bert

Dec 5, 2013
Very cool to get to see a behind the scenes type thing of the Canucks. I especially liked to see the players reaction to one of Torts "wake up calls", they clapped afterwards and seemed to be into it. Awesome.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Very cool to get to see a behind the scenes type thing of the Canucks. I especially liked to see the players reaction to one of Torts "wake up calls", they clapped afterwards and seemed to be into it. Awesome.

Look at Kesler and Daniel in particular. They're soaking it right up.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City

That has happened after every coaches speech since the beginning of hockey. A weird hockey tradition.

Wetcoaster

That has happened after every coaches speech since the beginning of hockey. A weird hockey tradition.
Not when I coached junior. I made it clear this was a serious business and there would be no unauthorized clapping.

A short round of stick tapping was permitted.
:sarcasm:

Lundface*

Funniest part is at 2:35 when Kesler laughs at Gryba for wanting to fight :laugh:

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
Im really excited for this, but I thought the HBO 24/7 series only covered the teams in the Winter Classic. Anyone know the reason for them covering the heritage classic too?

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Huh...
While I am excited about it...
And it does look cool...
I thought Gillis does not want reality TV.
He said that it is too much of a distraction.

With the way this team is headed, we are going to need a lot of publicity.

Not that we are going back to the Messier years or anything, but our fans have been quite spoilt the past 4 or 5 seasons and the Rog is starting to become emptier and emptier.

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
Im really excited for this, but I thought the HBO 24/7 series only covered the teams in the Winter Classic. Anyone know the reason for them covering the heritage classic too?

it's not 24/7, its a program called NHL Revealed that the league is producing, focusing on all the teams in the various stadium series games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad