Speculation: Canucks next GM: The Hunt is on

Status
Not open for further replies.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
McPhee for POHO, McFarland or Tulsky for GM
Someone experienced to be President and someone younger but not green either sounds appealing to me as well. McFarlund and Tulsky seem like qualified individuals from what I've read. Most importantly whoever is hired to be President should have full autonomy. We can't have a meddling owner or there is no point in changing management if as alleged Aqua continues to interfere.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Chayka is interesting. Did he burn bridges with the whole Scouting-gate thing? He was once the golden boy, and I'm not sure if that's still the case after how he exited Arizona.

Well he's been suspended by the NHL until December 31st of this year for the way he tried to leave the Coyotes for the Devils. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been quietly blacklisted.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Gillis isn't coming back.

Hell no to Chayka, how can anyone look at his work in Arizona and think "I want him running my team"???

My guess is some meh combination of Rutherford/Mellanby/Bergevin/Futa/R.Johnson (1 or 2 of these guys depending on whether or not they want a POHO)

But meh is sadly a massive upgrade coming from Benning/Weisbrod

I just hope it isn't Rutherford, he's a fossil. He's accomplished some great things, but he should just enjoy retirement.

We're not getting Tulsky or McFarland

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Would instantly take Gillis or Gilman back but that's not going to happen.

Hell f***ing yes to McPhee if he'd come here. Same about Tulsky.

Chayka...very, very hesitant.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
There’s clearly a lot of talented young local minds that have been swooped around the league. It would be great if those guys were all brought here and given substantial roles.

Reactions: vancityluongo

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
People were keen on Benning before he came.

People wanted Dallas Eakins as a coach before.

I’m not vying for anyone and just going to reserve judgment based on their actions.
This is part of why I’m not going to try to dig too deep into who I want. We won’t know how good the person is until they actually become GM and start making moves.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
I doubt we'll see a hire till the offseason if the Aquillinis really want to do their due diligence with the front office hunt.

Most teams are not going to allow another team to talk to their AGMs or executives mid season.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
This is part of why I’m not going to try to dig too deep into who I want. We won’t know how good the person is until they actually become GM and start making moves.

Yeah and who knows how different one will be in different scenarios or what they have learnt since their last role.

for all we know Dave Nonis is worthy of an 80’s-esque montage of learning how to scout, draw up contracts, and break down analytics.

whoever it is should have a good eye for talent on the ice and in the office.

a big lol for hamstringing the new GM with the OEL contract when they could have had a fairly clean slate

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Mcphee isnt going to leave Vegas for the Canucks situation - ...

Chayka - That experiment didn't go to well in Arizona - Unqualified

Bergeron may be an interesting fit - He is somebody who will be able to handle the media fire in Vancouver and if you look at his GM moves with Montreal - did a pretty good job .

Gilman - also a possibility

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
hoping for gilman ideally, as much as I still like gillis there's no way he'd be able to tolerate a meddling aqualini again and he might have a shorter leash this time around even if he's given complete autonomy. might make for a messy situation tbh, we all know how aqua is

george mcphee sounds nice cause you know he also wouldn't take shit from ownership

Reactions: vanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad