Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | Waiver Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Lets not kid ourselves Bear is not an upgrade on anything but maybe juulsen, he'd be good at under a million bucks and the 7th dman.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I dont get it... ethan bear is fine if he was healthy and was kinda maybe 3rd rhd rotating a bit

Could be that they trust Bear to play with Hughes so they can spread the defence out more evenly.

But that also contrasts with the idea that they want a RD back in a Garland trade.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
This sounds good to me, again as long as we're not spending assets to trade Myers. Otherwise I'm fine just keeping his minutes and letting his contract expire.
Exactly. some makes a legitimate offer that doesn't cost us assets or insane retention, fine, let him go. He actually seems fine as 3rd pairing pylon chaos giraffe. If he was being paid $1.85 M, not 6, would be perfectly happy with him, to the extent I could see offering him 2 x $1.8 M in the summer.

Reactions: Jay26

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Could be that they trust Bear to play with Hughes so they can spread the defence out more evenly.

But that also contrasts with the idea that they want a RD back in a Garland trade.
I'm not so sure. I think they need to upgrade two RD spots. Juulsen should be in the minors, and Myers should just be elsewhere. If Bear takes one of those spots (ideally bottom pairing) then we still need a Myers replacement.

Reactions: dez and VanillaCoke

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I'm not so sure. I think they need to upgrade two RD spots. Juulsen should be in the minors, and Myers should just be elsewhere. If Bear takes one of those spots (ideally bottom pairing) then we still need a Myers replacement.
Realistically, I don’t think that happens until next year when his contract expires. I’d love to be proven wrong though!

Reactions: ziploc

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

I don't disagree but it's a tall ask to revamp the right-side during the season. Maybe someone shakes free that wasn't available during the summer but, typically, it's difficult to do that.

They'd be looking at making three separate transactions (signing Bear, trading Myers, and acquiring another RD) at a time when organizations are making no moves.

That said, Rutherford & Allvin have made a habit of making trades during slow season (Dickinson, Lafferty, Studnicka, and Bear).

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Hoglander or Podkolzin for a top 4 RD would be a win.

And between the two Id keep Hoglander - he’s shown more than Podz so far. All Podz has going for him now is pedigree
And an upside potential. He's clearly not going to become a Messier type player (because that was who he was compared to at the draft). But I really don't want to give up on him early. Yes, if someone offers us help today, we have to take it. But I still think this kid is going to end up being a 3rd line stud. Which we could use if we are still in contention at the trade deadline.

Oh and my prediction is that we will be in the top 6 in the west at the TDL. We are a decent team. And I think Tochet would really a shot at coach of the year.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The thing with Podkolzin is if you're going to trade him you kind have need to do it this season. All sorts of factors come in but he's and RFA in the summer and waiver eligible. If he can't get onto the team, his value will tank fast.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
The thing with Podkolzin is if you're going to trade him you kind have need to do it this season. All sorts of factors come in but he's and RFA in the summer and waiver eligible. If he can't get onto the team, his value will tank fast.
true, but his value is pretty limited right now. I would want more than what is perceived value is right now to trade him. I would be pissed if we did a Benning style toss him into a Garland deal as a sweetener.

I am more interested in his potential than treating him like he has the value of a mid range 2nd round draft pick.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York

For what it’s worth—ice-time as of the most recent game:

IMG_2082.jpeg

Considering how Pettersson was getting double-shifted with the 4th line—I wonder if that was a message towards Kuzmenko and Garland.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
This literally sounds like they are describing the inevitable Garland-Peeke trade.

Yeah it’s made some sense for a while. Would imagine it’s horse trading over retention and possibly draft picks, but I can’t imagine Peeke’s value is particularly high at this point, positional scarcity aside.

Reactions: MS

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Trading Garland for Peeke just makes sense in so many levels.

Hopefully CBJ agrees.

Then you just roll with Myers in the 3rd pair all season and either:

A. Ship him off at the TDL
or
B. Let his contract expire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad