Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | The Russians are Going!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
could absolutely see the hawks taking on Kuzmenko and Mikheyev though. They are going to want to try and turn things around quicker than tank enthusiasts would.
That would be a seriously ballsy move, to trade 2/3 of your (not working) second line, on the top team in the NHL, before the playoffs. I'm not saying it couldn't be a good move, very much dependent on who they are replaced with, but it's a pretty huge risk.

Really hope some franchise overvalues Jett Woo.

Looking at our prospect pool, and one thing that stands out is we have far too many Ty's.

Ty Glover, Ty Young, and Ty Mueller. One really has to go.
I'm still holding out on my dream of a Woo-Hughes pairing.

Imagine the celebrations after a goal?

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I wonder if the Habs would be willing to trade Jake Evans. 27 years old, 6'1" right shot center that can kill penalty and has 1 more season signed to $1.7m cap hit, would be able to solidify the 4th line this season, and provide some C depth for next season in case Blueger cost too much as a UFA. His counting stats aren't great but his linemates are not very good either, so I'm sure its hard to produce offense. I was impressed in the limited times I have watched him.

It doesn't solve our 2nd line problem, but he can provide some utilities as a right handed faceoff man and can kill penalties.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Me think a certain radio show got some unhappy calls from the Canucks

Not the first time..reminds me of the' Thatcher Demko wants out' rumour that was manufactured by insider Farhan Lalji last year...When pressed on the source/evidence of the quote, he seriously back pedalled, and had to admit he was spitballing.

Add this to Tocchet calling out the Vancouver media for taking liberties on his quote about Pettersson.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
That would be a seriously ballsy move, to trade 2/3 of your (not working) second line, on the top team in the NHL, before the playoffs. I'm not saying it couldn't be a good move, very much dependent on who they are replaced with, but it's a pretty huge risk.

I'm still holding out on my dream of a Woo-Hughes pairing.

Imagine the celebrations after a goal?
f***ing around too much with what appears to be very good team chemistry is a risk, for sure. Of all the players on the current team, they're the best mix of expendable and movable. not necessarily together, though Chicago seems like a good landing spot and it seems like a logical fit to me. I proposed a crazy idea earlier to try and reunite Monahan and Lindholm. Kuzmenko and Mihheyev out those guys in seems like a substantial upgrade to me and it provides cap flexibility going forward. If you're dealing with Montreal, you might as well try and expand the deal to include Kovacevic who would upgrade the right side and is massively efficient from a cap perspective

Reactions: ziploc

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I actually think Kakko would be a really good gamble for some team if New York is just looking to get rid of him for cap space and aren’t asking too much. Although with a 2.4m dollar QO next year he might be a bit pricey for us to take on. Really good defensive game, had almost 40 ES points last year but has completely dried up this year. He’s never going to live up to his draft position. Quality middle 6er if he rebounds and low-event, defensive bottom 6er if he doesn’t. Chicago would be a really good fit. They have cap space, and need roster players.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Wonder if both Kuzmenko and Zadorov find their way to Chicago.

Chicago is one of the few teams that is capable of paying and playing Zadorov like a #4 (which is allegedly what he wants). They probably won't mind adding his toughness for their young rebuild, either.

That's over 9M in cap, which should be enough to bring in a different D-man and forward, especially if we pay for retention.

I know some people feel it'd be foolish to dump Zadorov before the playoffs given his skill-set, but I don't know if the coaching staff is in love with him and they probably prefer another RD to balance the pairs.

However I expect him to stay because the price to acquire Tanev may be too high and management might prioritize forward help instead.

Zadorov has great size and good offensive instincts, and even a good shot. He is our 4th LD though, and he makes some real dumb mistakes out there. That coupled with some lofty salary expectations and it wouldn't surprise me at all that the organization has shifted it's outlook.

He'd be an easy flip at the TDL or earlier though, so there is some good flexibility. I wouldn't be too concerned either way.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
They might all have started out as Tyler's ...
1706737957442.png

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Reactions: SopelFanThe3rd

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
We do need another Brock

It's short for Bovester

I'll do you Russian
just yesterday I wondered whether Nelson was a guy that could get moved if the Islanders fade down the stretch. saw that he was signed for another year at $6MM and started wondering about something else.

• Haha
Reactions: andora
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad