Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | The Russians are Going!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

Why is our media always trying to make stuff up and stir up drama??? Vancouver media has really gone to ****

Also why do we close threads when over 1000 posts? Is this just an arbitrary decision on HF Canucks because Ive seen other teams boards where they have threads with way more posts??

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010

Also why do we close threads when over 1000 posts? Is this just an arbitrary decision on HF Canucks because Ive seen other teams boards where they have threads with way more posts??

Often forum communities close threads when they hit 1000 because threads for performance related reasons. Can get slower depending on platform/server.

Reactions: DFAC

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
in before the delete. It's tuesday FFS, cycle in some water or something.

giphy.gif

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I don't even know where to post this...

Anyone else concerned how Foote might be affected by his sons court case? It can't be easy as a father. I hope this doesn't distract him, because he's been doing an amazing job.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
If they do re-acquire Tanev then Zadorov or Myers likely will be a healthy scratch once Soucy comes back. Myers has negative value at his cap hit. Canucks likely don't want to play 7 dmen. Someone won't be happy sitting in the press box and my guess is it's easiest to pick on the outspoken Russian who still has value around the league. Personally, I'd keep him over Myers even if it means retaining 50% and getting nothing in return. I get flashbacks of Dave Babych falling all over the ice in 94 and Aaron Rome costing the series in 2011 with his momentum changing hit. If anyone makes a bad play and costs the Canucks a shot at the Cup it'll be Myers.
Agreed. I also think the situation could be as simple as Allvin asks Tocchet who they could lose to make room for a trade and Tocchet may have picked Zadorov.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Why is our media always trying to make stuff up and stir up drama??? Vancouver media has really gone to ****

I don’t believe this for a second

No insider has broken anything since JR got hired unless the org let it out on purpose

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Would other posters consider a Mikheyev and picks/B prospect for Gudas swap?

Salaries and term are close

Would add much needed grit/hitting on the back end and he is a good player as well. The type of player opposing forwards keep their head up for.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Agreed. I also think the situation could be as simple as Allvin asks Tocchet who they could lose to make room for a trade and Tocchet may have picked Zadorov.
I imagine Tocchet would be of the opinion that having 7 NHL ready defensemen, even 8 or 9, would be a very good thing for a long playoff run. There is cap inefficiency here, but it feels like Kuz's contract is a good one to move to get some flexibility rather than to weaken the blue line. Unless there is a clear upgrade it makes little sense to move Big Z.

Reactions: vanarchy

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Would other posters consider a Mikheyev and picks/B prospect for Gudas swap?

Salaries and term are close

Would add much needed grit/hitting on the back end and he is a good player as well. The type of player opposing forwards keep their head up for.
The moment Gudas plays for a Canadian team in the playoffs is the moment he gets suspended for a long period of time. Remember the Rome hit?

Reactions: racerjoe

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
How about?

To Chicago: Kuzmenko, Van 3rd 2024
To Calgary: Van 1st 2024, Van 2nd 2024 (via Chicago), Klimovich, Hirose
To Vancouver: Lindholm 50% retained, Tanev 50% retained (via Chicago)

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
You should really stop believing everything little thing random twitter users post.
Reading other tweets. Larry Brooks simply said there is interest on their side for Lindholm and was spitballing Kakko as a potential return. No idea how it became a full trade from his wordings.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
That said I also don't want them Stalin around too much!
Okay dad.

How about?

To Chicago: Kuzmenko, Van 3rd 2024
To Calgary: Van 1st 2024, Van 2nd 2024 (via Chicago), Klimovich, Hirose
To Vancouver: Lindholm 50% retained, Tanev 50% retained (via Chicago)
I'm good with that but why would the Black Hawks do that?

Even bigger question is why would Calgary do that with retention?

Reactions: Baby Pettersson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad