Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | The Russians are Going!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
If they do re-acquire Tanev then Zadorov or Myers likely will be a healthy scratch once Soucy comes back. Myers has negative value at his cap hit. Canucks likely don't want to play 7 dmen. Someone won't be happy sitting in the press box and my guess is it's easiest to pick on the outspoken Russian who still has value around the league. Personally, I'd keep him over Myers even if it means retaining 50% and getting nothing in return. I get flashbacks of Dave Babych falling all over the ice in 94 and Aaron Rome costing the series in 2011 with his momentum changing hit. If anyone makes a bad play and costs the Canucks a shot at the Cup it'll be Myers.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
If they do re-acquire Tanev then Zadorov or Myers likely will be a healthy scratch once Soucy comes back. Myers has negative value at his cap hit. Canucks likely don't want to play 7 dmen. Someone won't be happy sitting in the press box and my guess is it's easiest to pick on the outspoken Russian who still has value around the league. Personally, I'd keep him over Myers even if it means retaining 50% and getting nothing in return. I get flashbacks of Dave Babych falling all over the ice in 94 and Aaron Rome costing the series in 2011 with his momentum changing hit. If anyone makes a bad play and costs the Canucks a shot at the Cup it'll be Myers.

Probably not an unpopular opinion, but I'd view the possibility of the team actually moving Myers as pretty much nil. All we hear is how much Tocchet and Foote like his attitude and how he's a leader in the room.

So bye bye Kuzmenko, Zadorov, Miki, and Podkolzin.

Don't forget 2024 1st rounder.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Rags taking calls on Kaapo.

Would be interested in a deal around Kaapo for Kuz.
I really like Kakko but I don’t think he will be available to us because I think the Rangers will be looking to move him out for draft pick to clear a little bit of cap space. And with Chytil on LTIR they will probably be looking to make a big move. I don’t think the Rangers are using him right he is a really good defensive player and on offensive he is good on the boards and on the cycle but Zibanejad and Kreider don’t really play that game.

Reactions: Lindgren and andora
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad