Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let ‘im cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Kuzmenko:
-doesn't see a trade
-when he talks to both sides, the word "patience" comes up a lot
-teams have called on Kuzmenko but it's information gathering
-Milstein talks to Allvin and Rutherford on a daily basis; lots of mutual respect
-Kuzmenko knows why he's in the Tocchet's doghouse
-many years ago there was a player who's relationship with the coach was so bad that the PR department was telling him when he was a healthy scratch
-Tocchet's communication skills are very good; no grey area
-in order for a trade to happen, would have to get really bad
-break after San Jose will be good for Kuzmenko

Joshua:
-Ryan Johnson identified Joshua as a player he would go after when the Canucks & Blues shared a farm team
-had strong interest from a lot of teams as a UFA
-his agent lives in Vancouver and suggested the Canucks were the right spot for him to get a regular NHL spot
-everything he's been told, Joshua really likes it in Vancouver
-thinks term will be important

Zadorov:
-rumour is he asked for a really big term number from the Flames

Blueger:
-a tonne of teams looking at Blueger
-a lot of pissed of teams when he picked the Canucks

Myers:
-can see the Canucks not trading Myers

TDL:
-first time since 2019 they will be buyers and not sellers
-still have interest in Chris Tanev

Juulsen:
-Canucks are liking what they see
-got his housing letter from management; was previously living in a hotel
-everyone is happy with him

Everything here is good, but the housing letter piece makes me chuckle.

“Okay, instead of Surrey/Abbotsford, get a place in Vancouver.”

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Everything here is good, but the housing letter piece makes me chuckle.

“Okay, instead of Surrey/Abbotsford, get a place in Vancouver.”

"Myers: can see the Canucks not trading Myers"

o5BeDpm.gif

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
They knew exactly what they were trying their hardest to sign, not every player is a dump and chase expert and forcing high skilled snipers into dump in posession board battle forecheckers, and they're benched if they dont even though they had insane chemistry with ep and proven productive is full Pejorative Slur.
The bottom 3 lines can do that all day and/or thats why career bottom six trash like Mikheyev is force fed on the top line. (Plus laff, josh, pdg etc) Let him forecheck and grind and then pass the ephin puck to ep or kuz to actually score.

You signed Kuzmenko to score pts, he did exactly that very well just a few months ago.
Square peg round hole, pdg in a forced top 6 role didnt last too long either, not enough skill. Why does ep look like underwhelming semi frequently, not enough skill on his line. Play your best players in positions to succeed, cant find your confidence eating popcorn in the pressbox.

Its not science equations.
We're currently ranked 1st in the league in goals for/game, 2nd overall in goals against/game. We're also 1st overall in league standings. Sometimes correlation is not causation, but in this case it very much is.

We're not hurting for offense and we're where we are because we're also taking care of business in our own end of the rink. That's the program and every other forward on the team buys into this. I think Kuz will figure it out and he'll play that way too and when he does, all of the turmoil and hand wringing will be worth it because the team will be that much stronger for it.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Yeah Myers isn’t getting moved. The lift to clear his cap and turn around to acquire a top 4 D is colossal. Makes more sense to ride it out and clear it in the offseason for free.

Unfortunate because Myers is dogwater and one of the remaining stains on this team holding us back in his effect on the ice and on the cap.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
They knew exactly what they were trying their hardest to sign, not every player is a dump and chase expert and forcing high skilled snipers into dump in posession board battle forecheckers, and they're benched if they dont even though they had insane chemistry with ep and proven productive is full Pejorative Slur.
The bottom 3 lines can do that all day and/or thats why career bottom six trash like Mikheyev is force fed on the top line. (Plus laff, josh, pdg etc) Let him forecheck and grind and then pass the ephin puck to ep or kuz to actually score.

You signed Kuzmenko to score pts, he did exactly that very well just a few months ago.
Square peg round hole, pdg in a forced top 6 role didnt last too long either, not enough skill. Why does ep look like underwhelming semi frequently, not enough skill on his line. Play your best players in positions to succeed, cant find your confidence eating popcorn in the pressbox.

Its not science equations.

Well the issue is that Kuzmenko was with EP all season up to a few weeks ago and the line wasn't producing positive results. They were basically a net-even at ES despite being on one of the best teams in the league and being paid like 17 million+. At some point you need to try something different.

I agree that Kuzmenko has taken the brunt of the blame in terms of ice time/lineup/role.

It's one of those things that isn't an issue right now because the team is winning but as soon as they aren't winning it's a massive issue. They need to figure things out.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
all three zones released their 2023-24 season data today and myers has some of the best microstats on the team. i think he's still a bad player but it's making me reconsider whether the work he does in the neutral zone offsets what he does in the defensive zone

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
all three zones released their 2023-24 season data today and myers has some of the best microstats on the team. i think he's still a bad player but it's making me reconsider whether the work he does in the neutral zone offsets what he does in the defensive zone
This has been his best season with the Canucks, he’s taking care of things in our end, in fact the weak link on getting the puck out of our end have been our forwards

PAY THIS MAN 8x8!!

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Myers & Juulsen both make very obvious mistakes that are easier to spot from TV while other guys like Friedman make subtle ones that coaches would notice watching back tape.

I also find Hronek & Zadorov kind of float out of good positions to bad ones in the low defensive zone.

Hughes is generally good, Cole gets beat clean because he's a bit older/slower but knows where to be. Other than when he's with Myers where he looks awful.

Not sure yet on Soucy

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Myers is still terrible...he's just had a short stretch where he's been passable recently...he's had them before and he'll have them again...still a terrible defenseman overall. Hoping to see the end of him soon.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Make no mistake, if Myers continues with this sort of usage, he provides value to the team. The frustrating part is it's kind of fragile niche to keep in tact for him to operate this way - like you can trust Cole or Soucy and Zadarov to play over their heads for a bit if the situation demands it. Myers immediately implodes if he's in over his head.

Could we do better with a more flexible, efficiently coated player? Sure. But you're not finding that upgrade in-season... And if you do, well, well done, that'd be theoretically impressive work by any management group

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Myers is still terrible...he's just had a short stretch where he's been passable recently...he's had them before and he'll have them again...still a terrible defenseman overall. Hoping to see the end of him soon.

Myers is all about minute management and his partner. He's played well with Zadorov in non-match-up minutes and tends to only have giraffe moments when he's overutilized and his shifts aren't managed in terms of minutes.

I'd agree with a few posters above, they simply aren't replacing his generally good 15-16 minutes per game, even though there are usually 1-2 visibly bad play sequences in there, in-season. So they'll probably keep him. They won't be able to bring him back anyway unless he takes an obscenely cheap deal, which he won't have to do.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Myers is all about minute management and his partner. He's played well with Zadorov in non-match-up minutes and tends to only have giraffe moments when he's overutilized and his shifts aren't managed in terms of minutes.

I'd agree with a few posters above, they simply aren't replacing his generally good 15-16 minutes per game, even though there are usually 1-2 visibly bad play sequences in there, in-season. So they'll probably keep him. They won't be able to bring him back anyway unless he takes an obscenely cheap deal, which he won't have to do.
The coaching staff's insistence on using him on the PK is mind boggling to me...removing that from his work load would cut down on a good number of his least effective minutes...he's really not suited to do that kind of work. He looks like he is, but he's soooo not.

Reactions: vanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad