Confirmed with Link: Canucks name Quinn Hughes 15th Captain in Franchise History

Feb 19, 2018
We must have the softest group of Captains ever in the History of the sport. Linden was the only true Captain type that I recall who you could literally jump on his back.

Messier was a PR stunt, Naslund was soft as butter, Luongo???? Henrik much like Naslund and Horvat wasn’t much different. Dare I say Hughes is the softest of them all? His knickname is literally Huggy Bear!!!!

Physically aside he always looks like he’s going to cry or is trying to laugh his way out of a scrum, this role is going to be very taxing for a player like him in a market like this.

Congratulations Huggy Bear.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
We must have the softest group of Captains ever in the History of the sport. Linden was the only true Captain type that I recall who you could literally jump on his back.

Messier was a PR stunt, Naslund was soft as butter, Luongo???? Henrik much like Naslund and Horvat wasn’t much different. Dare I say Hughes is the softest of them all? His knickname is literally Huggy Bear!!!!

Physically aside he always looks like he’s going to cry or is trying to laugh his way out of a scrum, this role is going to be very taxing for a player like him in a market like this.

What a weird congratulatory message.

'This is an awful choice he's tiny and doesn't fight! Congratulations Hughes!'

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
My reaction when i heard the news.....

I Dont Care Dont Even Care GIF - I Dont Care Dont Even Care GIFs

Last edited:

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
IMG_0081.gif

I’m not too worried about Quinn having to focus on captain’s responsibility and the lightning rod that comes with it. He’s already a top 5 D in the game so its not like the captaincy will ruin his development. As for the lightning rod, he handled the criticism of his two way game incredibly after the 2021 season, and improved greatly. He also gets smuRR, muffin shot, doesn’t hit comments to this day, and isn’t phased by it. I don’t comments by people who want a captain to fight every time someone gets touched will bother him

Reactions: Indiana

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This is probably going to be a huge mistake.

Exact same deal as Horvat where they rushed into giving a young player an added responsibility he didn't need because WE NEED A CAPTAIN instead of waiting for the next captain to organically develop.

At literally the first sign of any issues, the fact that our captain is tiny and doesn't hit or fight is going to be seized on by a massive portion of this fanbase and become a major talking point/issue.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
LETS GOOOOOOOOO
Happy it’s him and not EP. Great player, but doesn’t mean he’s captain material

Well it’s pretty clear last season they asked EP about the possibility of it and he basically said no I don’t want it take me out of consideration. The guys done here. There weren’t many options after that.
I'm indifferent on the choice

I just feel like aquilini is gonna do some stupid over the top ceremony that is cringe as hell

Well he’s not a goalie and wasn’t hired as president and fired shortly after like 2/3 last captains so there’s a plus.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver

If you don't think Henrik was a great captain, I'm not sure what to say. Smyl was tough lol

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

dare you to call stan smyl soft

orland kurtenbach too

dan quinn was maybe the softest player of all time though

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
This is probably going to be a huge mistake.

Exact same deal as Horvat where they rushed into giving a young player an added responsibility he didn't need because WE NEED A CAPTAIN instead of waiting for the next captain to organically develop.

At literally the first sign of any issues, the fact that our captain is tiny and doesn't hit or fight is going to be seized on by a massive portion of this fanbase and become a major talking point/issue.
didn't he already show signs that he was a leader already? you hear that from a whole bunch of interviews with staff and players.

Reactions: MarkMM

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I think Quinn will do a good job. He's actually a pretty chatty smart guy and demands a lot from himself.

Will be interesting to see him rise from the shadows and become the face of the franchise

Demko always looks unimpressed ^^^^^

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad