Confirmed with Link: Canucks name Quinn Hughes 15th Captain in Franchise History

pomx

May 15, 2014
LETS GOOOOOOOOO
Happy it’s him and not EP. Great player, but doesn’t mean he’s captain material

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
Wow, even despite the rumblings a little surprised thought they would give it at least another season before deciding.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Congrats Hughes, now it’s time to get some Quinn Hughes Glory Juice flavour!

Rather have it this way than what happened last time, passed it from Henrik to Horvat in some big ass ceremony.

Say it now and let the season start.

• Love
Reactions: Play

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Kind of became apparent this was the course they were going to take after he addressed the fans at the end of last year. This makes him the first American captain of the Canucks.

On this board, there are three prevailing opinions:

1) Great choice!
2) No problem with him but why now?
3) Shoulda been Miller!

Personally, I don't really care about who the captain is. As long as they aren't embarrassing the team in some way.

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
I don't think it was a rush, I don't think it was too early for him as an athlete, and while it was the only real choice, it was a good one.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Hughes C with Pettersson and Miller wearing A's makes the most sense imo. You basically run the gambit of the locker room leader, the quiet on ice production speaks for itself leader, and the high emotion get the guys fired up leader. At least that's probably the goal

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I'm indifferent on the choice

I just feel like aquilini is gonna do some stupid over the top ceremony that is cringe as hell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad