Confirmed with Link: Canucks lose G Mike McKenna on waivers to PHI

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
People are getting so worked up over a AHL lifer being claimed. There’s a simple solution. Just sign one of the many AHL goalies on non nhl deals to one. I’m sure they’d be more than happy to leave their current team to become Utica’s starter with a nhl contract.

Worst case just sign a free agent. Why people think Benning needs to trade value for an AHL goalie I don’t know

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
People are getting so worked up over a AHL lifer being claimed. There’s a simple solution. Just sign one of the many AHL goalies on non nhl deals to one. I’m sure they’d be more than happy to leave their current team to become Utica’s starter with a nhl contract.

Worst case just sign a free agent. Why people think Benning needs to trade value for an AHL goalie I don’t know

haha you know what I think Flyers did this just to f*** with us.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Team (Comets) have a habit of filling out roster spots with ECHL rejects on PTOs. Imagine the Canucks without EP, Boeser, Tanev, Edler and Horvat. That is the Comets.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Flyers must really be desperate...putting in a claim for a 36-year old AHL lifer like McKenna. Now they have to keep him on the roster or put him on waivers again.

Canucks will have to find a stop-gap goalie for Utica somewhere....but the ECHL is obviously full of them. Where's Joe Cannata when you need him?

Just have to get through to March. If and when DiPietro's OHL team is out of the playoffs, then he'll arrive in Utica.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
It’s completely irrelevant to lose an career ahl starter 99.9% of the time but it’s just funny the 0.1% it matters it happens to the Canucks. Now we just have to hope they sign some random and not trade an asset for an ahl goalie when they will probably get McKenna back in a few weeks

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Team (Comets) have a habit of filling out roster spots with ECHL rejects on PTOs. Imagine the Canucks without EP, Boeser, Tanev, Edler and Horvat. That is the Comets.
Exactly my point. People here are saying Benning though will fill the gap here not Ghostson. These people are also jumping to the conclusion his only option now is to dump a pick or minor asset for this position. My point is he can sign a more qualified goalie than McKenna from another ahl team or a free agent like Steve mason.

Reactions: Hit the post

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Completely unexpected. Can't really do anything but laugh. Sorry Utica.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad