Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
legendary hockeyDB profile

SWVxPzJ.png

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I have a soft spot for McKenna because he's written some good InGoalMag pieces that have helped me out.

Ironically he might be very similar to Nilly. Lanky guy with the usual issues but it's been awhile (years) since I've seen him play.

Difference is that he is already 35 and his best chance to break into the NHL was probably when he was back with NJD around 2011-2012 ish. But it's tough breaking in as a backup behind Brodeur and Schneider. At that point he was an excellent AHL goalie with save percentage around .920. That ended around 2015 and he's regressed since. I thought Columbus was a good opportunity for him (I've never thought McElhinney is any good despite his season to date) but after that he was basically in another goalie logjam organization.

Hate to say it, because he's a solid guy from what I know but he's probably washed up. Bachman has comparable stats over the last few AHL seasons.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Watched some highlights - I remember him being taller and lankier but I guess that was awhile back. Nowadays 6'2" is on the small side. Definitely athletic, but overall he's very sloppy and has a lot of wasted movement which for his age is a bad sign. Also somehow he's not that quick for a smaller goalie. All the highlights are situations that might have been avoided with a bit more judicious positioning and anticipation.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
He's the 'Crash Davis' of NHL goalies. Basically a replacement for the veteran Bachman who's done for the season. Kinda sucks for Utica to lose their best goalie in Demko.

But it's time the Canucks did the right thing by their rookie stopper. Been in minors now for two and a half seasons. He's only earning $70,000 a season in the AHL versus $925,000 in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad