Confirmed with Link: Canucks lose G Mike McKenna on waivers to PHI

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I wonder if this is the Flyers getting revenge on us for claiming that ape we claimed off of them a few years ago, cant even remember the gorillas name :laugh:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I wonder if this is the Flyers getting revenge on us for claiming that ape we claimed off of them a few years ago, cant even remember the gorillas name :laugh:
I'm guessing you mean Tom Sestito and not Ossi Vaananen

I highly doubt they care. We've put far better players than McKenna on waivers without the Flyers snatching them up.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
It does seem like a "screw-you" move, especially give McKenna's clear limitations as even a back up goalie. But why the Flyers would want to screw the Canucks especially? At any rate, sure hope Utica is excited about their new ECHL goalie, Billy McNotreadyson.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
McKenna and Joacim Ericsson are the only right-handed goalies I actually remember being a part of the organization.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Michael Hutchinson is the only righty goalie I know that is still in the nhl
Well, McKenna is still in the NHL as he was claimed (although obviously won't be for long).

There's also Louis Domingue in Tampa.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
what a pain in the ass.
McKenna is essentially rent a goalie for a couple weeks until we claim him back from Philly

oh well still worth it for Demko....he has earned it and the team couldn't keep him down any longer.Had heard his agent and camp were getting impatient and i can see why he's 23 now.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013

Sometimes it's easy to forget the human side of this stuff. Click the link for the twitter thread if you want.

Her bio says:

"Professional packer. Professional mover. Professional unpacker. "

dead2.gif

I feel for him btw, I just thought that was funny.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Flyers must really be desperate...putting in a claim for a 36-year old AHL lifer like McKenna. Now they have to keep him on the roster or put him on waivers again.

Canucks will have to find a stop-gap goalie for Utica somewhere....but the ECHL is obviously full of them. Where's Joe Cannata when you need him?

Just have to get through to March. If and when DiPietro's OHL team is out of the playoffs, then he'll arrive in Utica.

Joe Canatta is with the ECHL Utah Grizzlies. Since the Comets, AHL Hershey, San Antonio, and Colorado have given up on him. Afraid he doesn't have it anymore if he ever did.

DiPietro won't see Utica until October/2019.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Team (Comets) have a habit of filling out roster spots with ECHL rejects on PTOs. Imagine the Canucks without EP, Boeser, Tanev, Edler and Horvat. That is the Comets.

You state that as if it's by choice. Benning and Johnson never give Conacher a choice. They don't seek replacements for their farm like Henning did and the only authority Conacher has is working with ECHL teams or didn't you know that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hit the post

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
@mossey3535 and groov2. Hey, you 2 guys want a job? Just inquire Jim Benning @Vancouver Canucks. He's trying to figure out how to get some kind of respectable goaltending to Utica since he screwed up once again.

Might be a chance for a big break for both of you or if you end up in Utica "for duh boad of use".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad