Post-Game Talk: Canucks Lose 7-3 To Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
That feel when Ottawa beats Montreal 3-2 the same night we're still getting spanked 7-3.

upload_2021-2-4_20-58-6.png

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
If we're going to lose anyway, getting blown out every night is the way to do it I suppose. Could force some management/coaching changes when ownership would normally be reluctant to do this season with the season being what it is.

Reactions: Grub and Luckylarry

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I know what other thread you're hinting at and tbh I kinda like it right now

I also agree, we need to lose a couple for the greater good, this is not tanking. We have the core assets and young players for a good GM to turn things around real quick.

Reactions: Luckylarry

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
There's no way the Canucks are this bad. The Canucks have no legs whatsoever, and guys are just skating around them like they are nothing, so I have to think the schedule has had a huge effect on them.

Tonight was their 14th game in 23 nights. They have done the 3 games in 4 nights thing 4 times already, in just over 3 weeks of the season. Everybody else in the division except Edmonton has played 3 games less, which may not look like a lot, but if the Canucks play 3 less games, they get 1- 3 day break, and 2 - 2 day breaks. They have not had more than 1 day off in a row since the start of the season.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Feel pretty bad for Hughes he actually started the game off really strong defensively and was reward with -2 because his teammates were ass. Halfway through the game he kinda gave up defensively.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Well, this was ugly but kinda expected. Hopefully, Benning sees how badly we need to improve the defence now. I'm surprised myself how bad we're playing this year but we did lose Marky and Tanev who were heart and soul players here. However, we needed to let them go I agree.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
There's no way the Canucks are this bad. The Canucks have no legs whatsoever, and guys are just skating around them like they are nothing, so I have to think the schedule has had a huge effect on them.

Tonight was there 14th game in 23 nights. They have done the 3 games in 4 nights thing 4 times already, in just over 3 weeks of the season. Everybody else in the division except Edmonton has played 3 games less, which may not look like a lot, but if the Canucks play 3 less games, they get 1- 3 day break, and 2 - 2 day breaks. They have not had more than 1 day off in a row since the start of the season.
This is definitely true and is a factor in our poor play. Nevertheless, never let a perfectly good crisis go to waste. If this is the impetus to lose Benning and Green, I am here for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad