Friedman: Canucks looking to make a (Not Small) Non UFA Deal

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
when gillis had caproom putting someone on ltir he aquired lapierre and higgins. who was that injured player does anyone remember?

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
iirc it was both edler and bieksa, one for salo coming back the other for deadline acquisitions

but man that was a lifetime ago i could be totally making this up

Reactions: David71

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
iirc it was edler and bieksa, one for salo coming back the other for deadline acquisitions

but man that was a lifetime ago i could be totally making this up
That's right! The Canucks had a whack of injuries in Jan/Feb that year including Malhotras eye. Somehow I forgot Salo was in the cup run. He had those 2 back to back PP goals against the Sharks. Right.

Reactions: David71

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
A long time a go but wasn't Edler on LTIR and magically came back for the playoffs? I could be wrong though.
probbaly it was him at the time and they used his cap space to get those two guys. they only gave up 3rd round picks and a warm body at the time.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
I’m all for “going for it” this year but not at the cost of either of our top 2 prospects. Our cupboards are bare and our window is just opening. JR & Allvin need to show some restraint here - we’re nowhere as good/deep as the top teams in the west despite our record imo.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Absolutely everything that was prophesied to us about Rutherford getting his guy at essentially any and all costs leads me this guy feeling that Guentzel is going to be a Canuck.

I honestly believe that Pod is being showcased, especially so with the rumor that the Penguins would possibly prefer multiple prospects back over picks.

I also honestly believe that the rumored idea that management was getting upset with Petey's camp not commiting based on how the salary cap would look going forward leads me to believe that they want Guentzel with an extension in place.

Again, totally gut feeling nothing more

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Absolutely everything that was prophesied to us about Rutherford getting his guy at essentially any and all costs leads me this guy feeling that Guentzel is going to be a Canuck.

I honestly believe that Pod is being showcased, especially so with the rumor that the Penguins would possibly prefer multiple prospects back over picks.

I also honestly believe that the rumored idea that management was getting upset with Petey's camp not commiting based on how the salary cap would look going forward leads me to believe that they want Guentzel with an extension in place.

The other thing I can say as a fan of a former JR team is that he leaks like a sieve to his guys in the media. If JR says he wants to add a forward with term he's going to add a forward with term.

It's totally random if he'll pay magic beans and get a steal of a deal or sell the farm for a guy that makes you scratch your head, but he will get his forward with term.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

I 100% think Jake is the target and getting EP signed provides clarity cap wise and roster wise. But I think the trade will be Jake @ 75% retention and I could even see a dman included.

I think the deal is Lekkerimakki, Mikheyev and a 2026 1st for Guentzel extended immediately and knowing JR he somehow manages to land Marcus Peterson as well.

Leks is obviously our best forward prospect but Podz and Raty actually fit better for us to be able to replace some of the departing players, while with Leks he's top 6 or bust and I think he needs a lot of work defensively and needs to get stronger and is likely 3 years away from being a core piece.

Getting a guy who fits in this window and will score 40+ is a no brainier if he's willing to extend.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Judt looking as t their cap next year....
9F $40.25
5D $15.15M
1G $5M
9/5/1 $60.4M
Sign Hronak and Lindholm for $13M combined.
10/6/1 $73M
Bottom 3F, D, BG= $5M
13/7/2 $78M
They need to bring in a top 4D
I dont see how they could afford a F UFA like Guetzel unless they move a high salary like boesser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad