Friedman: Canucks looking to make a (Not Small) Non UFA Deal

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
From this I can gather 2 things.

They will resign Lindholm.

Prospects like Lekki and Willander are in play provided they get back a cost controlled RFA with term.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Who would be an RFA type player in the 23-26 range that would be moved and ready to help Vancouver now? A lot of those players are either not good enough to move the needle or too good to get traded.

Only name I can really think of is Necas and not sure Carolina is moving him for prospects when they're trying to compete.

Last edited:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
From this I can gather 2 things.

They will resign Lindholm.

Prospects like Lekki and Willander are in play provided they get back a cost controlled RFA with term.
I actually think the opposite? The way friedman is posing this statement, is that they won't do it again. which would mean whoever they just traded for, probably told them they want to test FA. Could be zadorov but wasn't there rumors that he might be traded again before the deadline? So, it could be zadorov but I think they are eluding to lindholm more here, imo.

If I am completely wrong which is obviously possible (how's hronek been doing lately?), how can vancouver afford lindholm (7-8), pettersson (11-13?), and hronek (6-8)? Van has 36 mil in space, but only 2 defenseman signed. So they have the space to get them all, but the defense might take a pretty big hit as compared to this year. No backup goalie too.

Would be very interesting for sure.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I actually think the opposite? The way friedman is posing this statement, is that they won't do it again. which would mean whoever they just traded for, probably told them they want to test FA. Could be zadorov but wasn't there rumors that he might be traded again before the deadline? So, it could be zadorov but I think they are eluding to lindholm more here, imo.

If I am completely wrong which is obviously possible (how's hronek been doing lately?), how can vancouver afford lindholm (7-8), pettersson (11-13?), and hronek (6-8)? Van has 36 mil in space, but only 2 defenseman signed. So they have the space to get them all, but the defense might take a pretty big hit as compared to this year. No backup goalie too.

Would be very interesting for sure.

Let’s say both elias takes up 20 million.

Hronek goes for 7.

We still have 10 million in cap space. 5 million goes to zadarov.

Podkolzin will replace will fill in. We just need to replace Myers. We fine man.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Who would be an RFA type player in the 23-26 range that would be moved and ready to help Vancouver now? A lot of those players are either not good enough to move the needle or too good to get traded.

Only name I can really think of is Necas and not sure Carolina is moving him for prospects when they're trying to compete.
Norris is a possibility, although it would not be a "sell at a discount" type trade.
This guy:

No chance lol
Holtz to Vancouver (E4.20)

Fake

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
They can’t trade high-end right-shit defense prospects.

They just traded one
If they trade the other

That’s Jim Benning type of sh/t

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Vancouver could set up

Hughes hronek
Byram-?
? - ?

Colorado sets up

Drouin(Gabe)Nate Nuke
Lehky Petterson hoglander
Wood Colton LOC

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
This guy:

What can we give up to get him

Willander, Lekk, Hoglander and out 2025 First ?

Does Ottawa even have interest in that package.

We would also need to include salary to offset. Mik, Garland or Myers. If it’s Myers we need another RHD.

I think Andersson is an option.

Let’s say both elias takes up 20 million.

Hronek goes for 7.

We still have 10 million in cap space. 5 million goes to zadarov.

Podkolzin will replace will fill in. We just need to replace Myers. We fine man.
We won’t give Zadorov 5 million, that would be bad cap management. We also need to replace Coke and Myers in this scenario and Bluger and Joshua.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad