LeBrun: Canucks looking for an U25 top 9 forward

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
NYR can take Loui off your hands! Solve all your problems at once! DeAngelo/Buchnevich/Gettinger for Loui/Gaudette/Virtanen/Karlsson

we can also shelter Olli for you from Exp draft

Last edited:

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
The Canucks need to liquify. if they want to add a guy either do it right before the expansion draft (if they have an extra protection spot) or some time in the summer.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
NYR can take Loui off your hands! Solve all your problems at once! DeAngelo/Buchnevich/Gettinger for Loui/Gaudette/Virtanen/Karlsson

we can also shelter Olli for you from Exp draft

Not sure if you're serious or not but that actually wouldn't be bad at all for the Canucks ~ just have DeAngelo sit at home, then buy him out next offseason (at a much lower cost than Loui) while picking up a useful piece in Buchnevich... think it works financially too, but would have to double check that

Not too sure why the Rangers do it though tbh

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Not sure if you're serious or not but that actually wouldn't be bad at all for the Canucks ~ just have DeAngelo sit at home, then buy him out next offseason (at a much lower cost than Loui) while picking up a useful piece in Buchnevich... think it works financially too, but would have to double check that

I don't think they do. I agree Van takes this and runs - Benning will throw in some picks just because he doesn't feel like he's doing his job unless he adds picks going to the other team.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia

Other NYR fans could differ but I am serious. We have tons of space next year but the year after becomes very tight. The money assuming raises next year is about even, maybe 300k difference. Dumping all of ADA cap works for us because we don’t want to carry the 2022-3 hit, while Loui comes off the books after next year. Buch should get 6 mil and is worth it but we just don’t have the space after next year. Guadette gives us immediate center depth which we need and Virtanen could be useful on our 3rd line, both age appropriate for our rebuild. Karlsson puts another C in the pipeline, 2 yrs out maybe. NYR are eating about 3.5 mil in real dollars which may be an issue without compensation to minimize it

Last edited:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Canucks would be better off luring whomever it is signing young free agents from Europe for Chicago, away from Chicago, and then give them Bennings job.

Reactions: lindgren

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Other NYR fans could differ but I am serious. We have tons of space next year but the year after becomes very tight. The money assuming raises next year is about even, maybe 300k difference. Dumping all of ADA cap works for us because we don’t want to carry the 2022-3 hit, while Loui comes off the books after next year. Buch should get 6 mil and is worth it but we just don’t have the space after next year. Guadette gives us immediate center depth which we need and Virtanen could be useful on our 3rd line, both age appropriate for our rebuild. Karlsson puts another C in the pipeline, 2 yrs out maybe. NYR are eating about 3.5 mil in real dollars which may be an issue without compensation to minimize it

prefer mine at post 85
yr thoughts?

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I would like to offer the services of Mike Amadio for the low price of a 3rd :) Hes better then Linden vey

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Under 25 top 9 forward. This should give us that necessary push to make the playoffs. Just wow :shakehead

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Thinking out loud here but Benning might be saved from himself by the current situation... meaning he'd have to wait 2 weeks for any US acquisition to quarantine, and any possible Canadian acquisition either doesn't really move the needle or would cost too much

Because "trading is hard" :sarcasm:

Mind you, I might be totally misreading the situation (especially if he's desperate)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad