Proposal: Canucks-Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
No, the Canucks never had a chance to get Nylander for Tanev LMAO :laugh:! Not even close. Vancouver will not get a free Big Mac coupon from Toronto for Tanev. Toronto has ZERO interest him. Not even an NHL caliber D man.
nylander is the most overrated player in the NHL.

Why are you so triggered right now?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
That is simply not true. He is an very good offence minded defender. Top 20 in the league for sure. Unless of course you ignore evidence.
I’m just going by the death threats he recieved from Leafs fans after his awesome playoff performance

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
No, the Canucks never had a chance to get Nylander for Tanev LMAO :laugh:! Not even close. Vancouver will not get a free Big Mac coupon from Toronto for Tanev. Toronto has ZERO interest him. Not even an NHL caliber D man.

This is one of the dumbest posts I’ve seen on here, and that is saying something.

Mar 26, 2010
Yet still better than every d on the Leafs. What does that say about your d core? :popcorn:
Tanev is not better. Come on. The guy is slow, injury prone, scores zero points and shuts down no one. He is just overrrated by Canucks fans who think he is worth McDavid.

Reactions: Confucius

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Tanev is not better. Come on. The guy is slow, injury prone, scores zero points and shuts down no one. He is just overrrated by Canucks fans who think he is worth McDavid.
Injured Tanev is better than Gardiner since he doesn’t single handedly lose his team a playoff series :sarcasm:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Massive ignorance. He is the perfect D to compliment the current Toronto lineup.

He is also pretty good to be able to ease Hughes and Juolevi into the NHL instead of throwing them to the wolves and potentially stunting their growth.

Mar 26, 2010
Massive ignorance. He is the perfect D to compliment the current Toronto lineup.

He is also pretty good to be able to ease Hughes and Juolevi into the NHL instead of throwing them to the wolves and potentially stunting their growth.
Speaking of massive ignorance... calling Nylander overrated.

Reactions: Confucius

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Did someone say Virtanen was slow?? I'm not even a Virtanen fan but LOL. Virtanen is probably faster than Kapanen.

https://postmediaprovince2.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/jv18-race.gif

Tanev for Gardiner wouldn't make sense from a lineup standpoint, we have need RHD more than LHD, although Tanev has been out of the lineup more and Gardiner is younger. I think Tanev is overall a better player. But Gardiner would be a good fit on Vancouver barring he can stay healthy after the first season. Which I'm unsure about.

Gardiner/Tanev is pretty close. But considering we have Edler (who's better than Gardiner) then Hughes & Juolevi coming, I'd just hold onto Tanev.

I liked Kapanen alot at the 2014 draft, and I wasn't too high on Virtanen. But I don't think I would move Virtanen for Kap at this point. If both become top 6 players Virtanen has the size+strength w/ speed element that can make him more valuable. I think I'd just hope on Virts upside at this point. We've come this far and neither has shown much more than the other. I like Kapanen's upside too but I just hold onto Virts due to the upside with his physical attributes. If Kapanen was acquired some other way I would be happy. its not meant to be a knock on Kapanen.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Tanev for Gardiner.

The original proposal was Kapanen for Virtanen. It was deemed too lopsided for Vancouver. Thus the change.
Would rather keep Tanev. Gardiner is not a desirable piece for the canucks.

Also, can we lock this thread like the last one and any further Tanev to Tironto threads as well.

Reactions: nucks88

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Gardiner is way better than Tanev AINEC. Tanev is garbage.

Gardiner scores a 50+ point season last year. One of the best skating D in the league who puts up the points.

Actually, from anyone who is rational, and takes a look at the overall picture, they are pretty close, as far as their contributions to the game. Tanev is superior defensively, Gardiner is superior offensively. That being said, if you use Goals Against Replacement, Gardiner is ahead every year, over the past three years, though often by a pretty small margin. Given there is more demand for RHD, than LHD, it is a pretty fair trade value wise, but it just isn't what Vancouver needs. A trade gets done, somewhere in the 1st, 2nd and maybe Carrick, who can step in a play RHD for them.

Reactions: TML Dynasty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad