GDT: Canucks @ Leafs 7:30 - another day, another win

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I'm not a Rielly hater but he's not a #1 IMO. He has great tools but he has an average hockey IQ and requires a certain type of partner like Brodie. A #1 D shouldn't have their hand held if they really are "the man".
me neither, hes a great player but his limitations are clear.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
If Engvall plays like he's playing tonight, I'll give him Mikaheyev's spot.
Mika has great speed but that's about it. PK is great but we have plenty of players who can kill penalties

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Blame the league and it's chicken shit rule on no helmet removal, to curb fighting, for Edler's face being cut. He'd be fine, some lumps, if that rule was gone. Wonder how Simmond's hand faired.

This may be the problem. I don't see Simmonds on the ice much tonight even for his role. Only six minutes all game. Imagine if he reinjured his hand?

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
Maybe for you. But a lot of people on here have somehow chosen to make him the whipping boy

It's all about expectations. Reilly is considered our #1 Dman, but he's not playing like it at all. It's not like he's a 3rd pairing guy. He needs to play better.

It's the same as JT. For his salary and the expectations, he's not been good enough this year. He's still one of our better players, but he needs to be better. We need him to be better.

With Reilly, I don't think he can be better. He is what he is, ad that's a major liability sometimes.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
The problem with our team is that we don't have anyone else in the lineup tonight who would do it or makes sense You can't risk injury either. Maybe Lilly or Hutton?

It was unfortunate. Simmonds isn't a heavyweight. It was dealt with and they all move on.
Don't think there's 10 NHL regulars in the league that are more of a heavyweight than Simmonds; he's not Reaves tough but he is really tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad