GDT: Canucks @ Leafs 7:30 - another day, another win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Hope this thread title ages well.

Both teams played last night...Canucks still chasing 4th albeit chances are slim. Could be a letdown game for the boys after clinching playoffs.

Hope the veterans don't allow complacency tonight. Finish as high as possible please.

Oh I also have a 5 year old $100 USD bet that ends this season - with a Rangers fan in the US - that the Leafs will finish top 4 NHL standings or make final 4 in playoffs. Bet made summer 2016 and one of those 2 things has to happen before season 5 is over.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
They've already clinched.

Not mathematically. If Montreal and Vancouver -who don't play each other again- win every game in regulation, we go winless and Winnipeg & Edmonton both scratch together enough to hit 68 points, we would miss based on the regulation wins tie-breaker. Obviously the chances of that are in the billions, but it's still there.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Not mathematically. If Montreal and Vancouver -who don't play each other again- win every game in regulation, we go winless and Winnipeg & Edmonton both scratch together enough to hit 68 points, we would miss based on the regulation wins tie-breaker. Obviously the chances of that are in the billions, but it's still there.

No pretty sure... Vancouver and Montreal and Calgary can't touch us now.

Calgary by points... and Vancouver and Montreal could tie us in points only... not regulation and overtime wins.

Habs can only get 28 r/ow
Canucks can only get 29 r/ow

Leafs have 30

We're in.

Edit:

Actually the answer below is correct.

I forgot about it being regulation wins first not including OT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
upload_2021-4-29_9-58-25.png

x - Clinched Playoff spot

The NHL thinks we clinched.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I suspect a sloppy game from the Leafs .. after playing last night, the travel, and winning a game where they weren't at their best, I think we'll slow start.

Hopefully Rittich is sharp and can keep the Leafs in it. I can see the Leafs taking over in the second half if it's a close game.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

Actually, I was wrong. Edmonton and Winnipeg play Montreal and Vancouver seven and four more times, so it's impossible for all four teams to pass us in regulation wins and/or points. So we have clinched.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014

If Montreal and Vancouver will every game in regulation that means Edmonton loses 7 games in regulation (2 against Montreal, 5 against Vancouver), and Edmonton can't get to 67 points.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa put 6 past them last night so I imagine they will come out flying.

Leafs will need to start on time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad