GDT: Canucks @ Leafs 7:30 - another day, another win

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
we should have all TO teams playing in Florida it'll be just like home but with old people!! ;)

Bellefour20

Jan 25, 2021
Sunshine Coast, British Columbia
Looool SN Pacific thinking "the code" was taken to extremes by making Edler (who has never fought) face the music for his dirty play. Do they not remember Steve Moore?! He fought and won the fight and that was still not enough for fan favourite Bertuzzi. They literally have no legs to stand on in this department.

Reactions: therealkoho

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Spezza has almost 30 points. He is literally turning back the clock. I could see him signing on next year again.

He's been an overachieving signing from the start. Even when it wasn't going so well under Babcock, he tried to remain a pro.

I could see him re-signing. Works for both parties.

Reactions: TopChedder

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
at least hes got a shot and his instincts are really good, i love rielly but he telegraphs alot of passes from the point and has a muffin shot, hes good on the rush but when you take away his legs hes not nearly as effective imo.
I'm not a Rielly hater but he's not a #1 IMO. He has great tools but he has an average hockey IQ and requires a certain type of partner like Brodie. A #1 D shouldn't have their hand held if they really are "the man".

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
Canucks feed the panel said they're cool with Edler having to fight for the (what was probably accidental) dirty hit. But being that he's NEVER fought, it's ridiculous that it had to be Simmonds.

I kind of agree.

Simmonds didn't hurt him. He was perfectly fine. Having to answer the bell keeps guys honest, particularly if that bell is way out of your weight class.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Canucks feed the panel said they're cool with Edler having to fight for the (what was probably accidental) dirty hit. But being that he's NEVER fought, it's ridiculous that it had to be Simmonds.

I kind of agree.

I wouldn't have problem with that, if these were good hits. These were cheap shots and few were intentional especially against Spezza

Edler shouldn't get a freebe because Simmonds is a heavy weight, especialy him seeing what Simmonds did to Benn

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Travis Hamonic is a very likeable guy. I wonder if he panned out to be the D he showed early in his career

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

I kind of agree.

The problem with our team is that we don't have anyone else in the lineup tonight who would do it or makes sense You can't risk injury either. Maybe Lilly or Hutton?

It was unfortunate. Simmonds isn't a heavyweight. It was dealt with and they all move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad