Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level
nikolaj-ehlers.jpeg

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It should be Morrissey and not Trouba. I can't believe JoMo is still getting the shaft on the pp.

You have to think long term. This will make it easier to sign Trouba long term. Give him a chance on PP1. All his PP time this season has been with PP2 on a 3F2D setup

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
You have to think long term. This will make it easier to sign Trouba long term. Give him a chance on PP1. All his PP time this season has been with PP2 on a 3F2D setup

I'm more interested in maximizing the unit and not catering to Trouba's ego. Morrissey's skill set fits that unit much better than Trouba's.

Reactions: Jets 31

Male75FromFinland

Aug 5, 2010
Cant wait all the games before chritmas with (hopefully) Morrissey playing on first power play!!!

Forecast is 60 minutes of solid TEAM hockey with five man unit on every situation. Poolman will bring A LOT of positional play, smart easy plays with the puck and support of D-partner without the puck.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I'm more interested in maximizing the unit and not catering to Trouba's ego. Morrissey's skill set fits that unit much better than Trouba's.

We haven't seen Trouba play with that unit yet. Give it a chance.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,

Hope so.... I hope Jacob seizes his opportunity and runs with it!
I’m a Buff fan but have been hoping that Jets would try someone different at point on #1 PP.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Team Corsi probably takes a hit. I doubt Poolman can carry Chiapet like Buff. Need goaltending to step back up to where it was.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We haven't seen Trouba play with that unit yet. Give it a chance.

I'll give it a chance but I think it's the wrong call. I'd be pretty annoyed if I where Morrissey he's a superior offensive player than either Trouba and Myers imo and is being sat in favor of them.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Tough losing Buff and Enstrom same
Time for that long. Is Enstrom even skating yet?

I agree it should be Morrissey but I guess we will see what Trouba does with his chance. And please make the injuries stop

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player audio: Lowry and Morrissey.

Coach Maurice pre-game scrum topics: Coach Maurice: Status of Dustin Byfuglien. Poolman goes in. Does he have troops to weather storm without Byfuglien/Enstrom? Update on Steve Mason. On the Jets schedule and lack of practice time. Thoughts on the 2nd line. With he put Trouba into the first power play unit? On Trouba's ability to get his shot through from the top. Growth in the game of Andrew Copp. What do they lose when 33 isn't in the lineup? What was missing from Ben Chiarot's game in Tampa?

To listen click here.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I'll give it a chance but I think it's the wrong call. I'd be pretty annoyed if I where Morrissey he's a superior offensive player than either Trouba and Myers imo and is being sat in favor of them.

I like Morrissey but I think it's premature to make the claims you do. I doubt Morrissey has the feelings you suggest

Fastfrde

Oct 11, 2017
Winterpeg
Problem for Morrisey is that the strength of the PP1 are right handed shots, having the point man set up on the left side doesn't work well for the cross ice one-timer from Laine or Schiefs.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I like Morrissey but I think it's premature to make the claims you do. I doubt Morrissey has the feelings you suggest

He has double the ES points that Myers has and more ES points than Trouba. He also sees the ice and moves the puck more fluidly than either of the two (Which is what that unit needs). I have no idea what JoMo thinks but I would be a bit annoyed if I where in his shoes as it seems seniority is a bit more important than skillet.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Problem for Morrisey is that the strength of the PP1 are right handed shots, having the point man set up on the left side doesn't work well for the cross ice one-timer from Laine or Schiefs.

I believe that is a myth myself. Morrissey has teed up Laine for numerous one time opportunities.

Reactions: Male75FromFinland

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Team Corsi probably takes a hit. I doubt Poolman can carry Chiapet like Buff. Need goaltending to step back up to where it was.

How much is Buff carrying him tho? Not saying Chiarot is any great shakes at all but it does put a ton of pressure on a young guy when Buff is constantly looking to lead the charge and create offense. Buff expects younger guys to cover up for him it seems, not saying there's anything wrong with that in a sense that Buff is the big silverback playing ton of minutes and creating alot of offense. It might help steady Chiarot tho when he's got someone like Poolman with him where the dynamic is different.

Reactions: Male75FromFinland

Male75FromFinland

Aug 5, 2010
My wish lineup:

Ehlers - Scheitele - Wheeler
Perreault - Little - Laine
Connor - Lowry - Armia
Copp - Hendricks - Tanev

Morrissey - Myers
Chiarot - Trouba
Kulikov - Poolman

PP1: Scheifele - Wheeler - Perreault - Laine - Morrissey
PP2: Little - Armia - Connor - Ehlers - Myers

PK1: Lowry - Tanev - Chiarot - Trouba
PK2: Hendricks - Copp - Kulikov - Myers
PK3: Little - Armia/Scheifele - Wheeler - Morrissey - Myers

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
He has double the ES points that Myers has and more ES points than Trouba. He also sees the ice and moves the puck more fluidly than either of the two (Which is what that unit needs). I have no idea what JoMo thinks but I would be a bit annoyed if I where in his shoes as it seems seniority is a bit more important than skillet.

What does ES points have to do with being effective on the PP? The RHS is probably more important for that unit to feed either Scheifele or Laine from the left dot.

Forehand vs backhand pass

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
God we are in trouble:

Enstrom hurt - out for a couple more weeks at least
Buff gone for a few weeks at least
Myers hip looks very wonky - very concerning
Trouba's brain looks very wonky - very concerning
Chiarot is... Chiarot
Kulikov has been good but he has one or 2 inexplicable brain farts a game.

Morrissey is great!

Poolman is encouraging but obviously VERY inexperienced and we will see how he holds up to more, and harder minutes.

Then what???

Helle better remember how he played in the first 2 months. Mason better slide right in and pick up where he left off.

We need to acquire someone. I think even when we are healthy we could upgrade that 6/7 spot.

Reactions: suihkukone

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
How much is Buff carrying him tho? Not saying Chiarot is any great shakes at all but it does put a ton of pressure on a young guy when Buff is constantly looking to lead the charge and create offense. Buff expects younger guys to cover up for him it seems, not saying there's anything wrong with that in a sense that Buff is the big silverback playing ton of minutes and creating alot of offense. It might help steady Chiarot tho when he's got someone like Poolman with him where the dynamic is different.

Have you ever seen Chiarot's WOWY's with Buff?

Pretty eye opening

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
God we are in trouble:

Enstrom hurt - out for a couple more weeks at least
Buff gone for a few weeks at least
Myers hip looks very wonky - very concerning
Trouba's brain looks very wonky - very concerning
Chiarot is... Chiarot
Kulikov has been good but he has one or 2 inexplicable brain farts a game.

Morrissey is great!

Poolman is encouraging but obviously VERY inexperienced and we will see how he holds up to more, and harder minutes.

Then what???

Helle better remember how he played in the first 2 months. Mason better slide right in and pick up where he left off.

We need to acquire someone. I think even when we are healthy we could upgrade that 6/7 spot.

What's wrong with Myers hip? He's had a wonky brain lately though :sarcasm:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
What's wrong with Myers hip? He's had a wonky brain lately though :sarcasm:
I won't comment on that because I know you don't like Myers and I do.

I will say twice in the last week he's gone down like he was shot including during the Tampa game. I addressed what I think it is in the injury thread. I don't think the joint is stable.

Reactions: ps241

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What does ES points have to do with being effective on the PP? The RHS is probably more important for that unit to feed either Scheifele or Laine from the left dot.

Forehand vs backhand pass

You can forehand pass to the right one time spot with a LS as well. Morrissey was quite effective doing it with Laine in the preseason each of the last two seasons. People are getting too caught up with the RS at the top aspect.

Morrissey has also been an excellent pp QB at each level he's played at so no reason why he shouldn't be at the NHL level if given the chance to adapt. We have years of data that show Trouba and Myers are mediocre QB's on the PP. Why not go with the kid who has the tools and the pedigree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad