GDT: Canucks @ Jets - Bell MTS Place - Mon Dec 11 7PM CT - TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Totally off topic...but does anyone know why after someone posts a Twitter link in a thread I'm unable to scroll past it? I can scroll but the screen just stays just below the Twitter post. Hard to read some threads.

I had the same thing and it was an adblocker doing it. I disabled it and it's mostly better but still happens sometimes, and I have zoom the screen way out to get it back. It's a pain.

Reactions: abax44

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I won't comment on that because I know you don't like Myers and I do.

I will say twice in the last week he's gone down like he was shot including during the Tampa game. I addressed what I think it is in the injury thread. I don't think the joint is stable.

OK doctor. My brain comment was related mostly to the Detroit game but also the game in sunrise. He took a puck off his skate that made him go down in Tampa no?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
You can forehand pass to the right one time spot with a LS as well. Morrissey was quite effective doing it with Laine in the preseason each of the last two seasons. People are getting too caught up with the RS at the top aspect.

Morrissey has also been an excellent pp QB at each level he's played at so no reason why he shouldn't be at the NHL level if given the chance to adapt. We have years of data that show Trouba and Myers are mediocre QB's on the PP. Why not go with the kid who has the tools and the pedigree.

Trouba is also a kid who has tools and pedigree.

I just don't feel it's such a great travesty of justice like you do. And considering the impact on team dynamics I think it's the right move. If Trouba is not up to the task then fine but give him a chance to fail first before crucifying the decision

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Unleash Scheif / Laine and send in Trogdor to burn down Vancouver's village ;)

th

Reactions: Afterburner

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Cant wait all the games before chritmas with (hopefully) Morrissey playing on first power play!!!

Forecast is 60 minutes of solid TEAM hockey with five man unit on every situation. Poolman will bring A LOT of positional play, smart easy plays with the puck and support of D-partner without the puck.

Coach already confirmed that Trouba is playing PP1

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I won't comment on that because I know you don't like Myers and I do.

I will say twice in the last week he's gone down like he was shot including during the Tampa game. I addressed what I think it is in the injury thread. I don't think the joint is stable.

I thought the same thing.... just skating along and down he goes. I hope that's not what it is.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Trouba is also a kid who has tools and pedigree.

Yes but his tools tend to lead themselves to good ES scoring but haven't translated well on the pp over the years. He has 5 years now of PP data, at some point pedigree doesn't mean as much.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Maybe an actual full team practice should happen first? Last one was in California.
I think players would handle it just fine without team practice. It's not like they're robots that has to be calibrated every time when you make changes to lineup.

Banged up teams are usually hardest to play against. I'm expecting very tough game. Canucks will walk over us if the "men of letters" continues to conserve energy for extended shifts and cheating defensively. As a coach, Mo could maybe do something about it. Or maybe he doesn't want to change that either.

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Have you ever seen Chiarot's WOWY's with Buff?

Pretty eye opening

Checked it out now that you mentioned it, I don't see that big of disparency in 2016-2017 and 2017-2018(more disparency this season but he hasnt played much without Buff all situations included), unless I'm looking at it all wrong. What side do you use for that? It pretty much says Chiarot is bad either way which is what we already know. My point was simply that for a guy who's challenged to play in the NHL in the first place, it's propably pretty daunting to also be put with Buff who's gonna put extra pressure on you. He's propably also gonna see his ice time cut down a bit playing with Poolman on the third pairing no? If they stink it up for a few games, feel free to quote me tho

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Yes but his tools tend to lead themselves to good ES scoring but haven't translated well on the pp over the years. He has 5 years now of PP data, at some point pedigree doesn't mean as much.

Are you still trying to convince me? I think our opinions are well voiced. No need to hijack the thread any further.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
if trouba does a good job on the pp1 that is going to really enhance his offseason trade value I would think. I hope he kills it.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Are you still trying to convince me? I think our opinions are well voiced. No need to hijack the thread any further.

Nope. You clearly think differently which is fine. Just debating your points which is what these forms are for.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Checked it out now that you mentioned it, I don't see that big of disparency in 2016-2017 and 2017-2018, unless I'm looking at it all wrong. What side do you use for that? It pretty much says Chiarot is bad either way which is what we already know. My point was simple that for a guy who's challenged to play in the NHL in the first place, it's propably pretty daunting to also be put with Buff who's gonna put extra pressure on you. He's propably also gonna see his ice time cut down a bit playing with Poolman on the third line no? If they stink it up for a few games, feel free to quote me tho

Chiarot owes his NHL spot to Buff. He was called up during the D injury run in the playoff year. The year Buff was moved back to D.

The emergence of Morrissey last year basically eliminated any thought of Chiarot Buff when the D was healthy

Fastfrde

Oct 11, 2017
Winterpeg
I believe that is a myth myself. Morrissey has teed up Laine for numerous one time opportunities.
Agreed, but you kind of set him up on his weak side for board retrievals and pinch plays, not saying he can't do it, but makes it tougher.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Nope. You clearly think differently which is fine. Just debating your points which is what these forms are for.

I don't mind debate at all. You should know that.

Just saying we don't need to keep repeating the same things over and over

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
BTW further to the idea that this will help to sign Trouba long term Maurice said Trouba is very excited to be on PP1

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Chiarot owes his NHL spot to Buff. He was called up during the D injury run in the playoff year. The year Buff was moved back to D.

The emergence of Morrissey last year basically eliminated any thought of Chiarot Buff when the D was healthy

I wasn't arguing that Chiarot should be in the lineup when it's healthy tho, simply that he might be less of a trainwreck playing less minutes with Poolman which remains to be seen.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I wasn't arguing that Chiarot should be in the lineup when it's healthy tho, simply that he might be less of a trainwreck playing less minutes with Poolman which remains to be seen.

Chariot was a train wreck on the bottom pairing in limited minutes last year. I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
BTW further to the idea that this will help to sign Trouba long term Maurice said Trouba is very excited to be on PP1

I really hope things start clicking even more with that unit with Trouba in place. Hopefully we never see Buff on that unit again because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad