Rumor: Canucks in talks on Noah Hanifin, Dougie Hamilton and Damon Severson

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I have no idea why you would trade Hamilton for 7th OA but suggesting Boeser is ***** terrible.

It isn't though, that's the price. Just because HF arbitrarily doesn't understand how good and valuable Hamilton is, doesn't mean that wouldn't be the asking price from Treliving.

Flames aren't trading Hamilton to a divisional rival for the 7th pick either, horrendous value and makes 0 sense.

Reactions: CF84

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I have no idea why you would trade Hamilton for 7th OA but suggesting Boeser is ***** terrible.

He's right though. Not saying the Canucks want to do that trade, but I don't see any assets other than Boeser the Flames would be likely to trade Hamilton for. So yes, that's the price.

Which just means there isn't a deal to be made.

Reactions: JPeeper

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
So, a player who was tracking to score 40+ goals in his rookie season is worth a defenceman who couldn’t help his team even make the playoffs? Sounds a bit overrated to me

So, the defensemen who led the entire league in goal scoring is worth a forward who couldn't help his team finish with better than the 5th worst record in the NHL ?

There is no reason for Vancouver to make that trade but your logic is extremely flawed to say the least.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Severson is the type of player that some GMs probably really like for some reason. It doesn't hurt that he's right handed and on a very good contract.

Severson and 17OA for 7OA and Vancouver's second rounder.

that's just brutal for Van... in no way should the 7th overall be in play for Severson, Benning should be fired if this is even a thought

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
So, a player who was tracking to score 40+ goals in his rookie season is worth a defenceman who couldn’t help his team even make the playoffs? Sounds a bit overrated to me
Boeser also couldnt help his team make the playoffs... how are you serious about that being your metric for one player and not the other. Sometimes this board hurts my head.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
It isn't though, that's the price. Just because HF arbitrarily doesn't understand how good and valuable Hamilton is, doesn't mean that wouldn't be the asking price from Treliving.

Flames aren't trading Hamilton to a divisional rival for the 7th pick either, horrendous value and makes 0 sense.

On the radio the suggestion was that Carolina would make a trade around Elias Lindholm + + for Hamilton but that Hamilton doesn't want to go to Carolina and "would rather" be moved to Vancouver and the Canes would move him to the Canucks for a bunch of pieces.

Apr 9, 2009
USA

You can't actually be serious with this. I don't know what you expect to accomplish in the trade forum by jumping to over simplified conclusions like this.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
On the radio the suggestion was that Carolina would make a trade around Elias Lindholm + + for Hamilton but that Hamilton doesn't want to go to Carolina and "would rather" be moved to Vancouver and the Canes would move him to the Canucks for a bunch of pieces.

If we moved Hamilton to Vancouver for a bunch of pieces Calgary fans would be outraged.

If tkachuk was there at 7th maybe that. Probably lose that trade though but itd be a great story

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.

Quit smoking rocks bud.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Not trying to sell him low but you acquired for 21/22 year old Hamilton for picks 15, 45, and 52, coming off a 72-10-32-42 season. Being 3 years from UFA he shouldn't be any more valuable now than he was back then, so if Flames are looking to trade him something like the 7th overall should be on par.

I mean Boeser would probably quickly become a 50 goal scorer playing with Gaudreau and Monahan.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Don't you know?

Canucks want everything for a package of Markstrom and Virtanen.

The new Ryder, Halak and whatever.

You can't get quality players, especially defensemen which are still set at a very high premium, for scraps. You just don't. Even quoting Hamonic is ridiculous, he wanted to go back to the West Coast, he may have rescinded his trade request before it happened, but it was well known and likely after he rescinded, kept that request going behind doors. That is like saying "Kessel only went for a 1st, Kapanen, and some 4th liner, that's his value!" nah, there was a ton in play there that made it that way.

People have no perception of value on hfboards, those that do are very few and far in between those wackos that think you can get anything for just some roster filler types.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
After Hughes. This thread is done.

Yes, a rookie with 0 NHL games that won't even play in the NHL for a few years, has made this thread done. He's at University of Michigan and thinks he can play for you guys right now, for fun, I hope he does, just to see how hilarious that ends up.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Don't you know?

Canucks want everything for a package of Markstrom and Virtanen.

The new Ryder, Halak and whatever.

You can't get quality players, especially defensemen which are still set at a very high premium, for scraps. You just don't. Even quoting Hamonic is ridiculous, he wanted to go back to the West Coast, he may have rescinded his trade request before it happened, but it was well known and likely after he rescinded, kept that request going behind doors. That is like saying "Kessel only went for a 1st, Kapanen, and some 4th liner, that's his value!" nah, there was a ton in play there that made it that way.

People have no perception of value on hfboards, those that do are very few and far in between those wackos that think you can get anything for just some roster filler types.
I haven't seen Markstrom + Virtanen proposed anywhere, I think you might need to get your eyes checked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad