Rumor: Canucks in talks on Noah Hanifin, Dougie Hamilton and Damon Severson

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I don’t really see a deal with Severson that works from a New Jersey perspective. I’d be interested to see what would be in the works though.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Vats and the quick development of Butcher made him expendable id imagine. Im not a NJ fan but I would think that is the case

He doesn't know how to play defense, and frankly, he's not very good offensively for an "offensive defenseman."

Some Devils fans love him though and always point to his advanced stats.

In my opinion, the positives to his game don't outweigh the negatives right now. Hynes does not seem to be a fan either.

But, he is still young and on a decent contract that can turn into a bargain if he ever gets his game together.

Sedinsquared

Apr 22, 2014
If Brady drops to 7th, would Calgary be interested in uniting the Tkachuk bro's? 7th for Dougie Hamilton? Would be a Benning move.

I’d be ok with te 7 for Hamilton, that’s who we would hope the 7 becomes. Hanifin meh but ok, Severson and I would literally turn my tv off and not watch hockey anymore

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Whats the scoop on Severson.

Hows his play last year ? Why is NJD willing to move him ??
Severson is probably the most polarizing player on the team. On one hand, he has obvious offensive talent, is a great skater, and his possession metrics are exceptional even though he largely gets paired with awful partners. He's also still quite young (turns 24 this August).

On the other hand, he still makes a lot of boneheaded defensive plays. We were hoping he'd grow out of it but it's looking more unlikely. He also doesn't produce as many points as you would expect based on eye test + possession stats (though to be fairhe hasn't gotten much PP time lately).

Vatanen came in and is by far the superior player, kind of pushing him down the depth charts. He's a guy we aren't necessarily looking to deal because of our defensive situation, but he is expendable and would certainly be the most valuable expendable player we have.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Severson is the type of player that some GMs probably really like for some reason. It doesn't hurt that he's right handed and on a very good contract.

Severson and 17OA for 7OA and Vancouver's second rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad