Pre-Game Talk: Canucks in Detroit, Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I’m honestly fine with not having a lottery pick and making the playoffs. This is a few draft in round one, I see a lot of potential steals in the teens/early 20s

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
It's nice to see some genuine excitement for this team again. The last few seasons have been a pretty rough slog.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
They’re not going anywhere anytime soon. Picking Pettersson and Boeser saved his job.
Everybody was in agreement that Boeser got Benning that extension...Now we have Pettersson mania,and next year Hughes..?..The last thing that you're hearing about in the media these days,is management job security.

With Linden gone,...Benning might up his game a bit?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I haven't seen much of Detroit this season,I just know they are in the Jack Hughes conversation...

It won't be an easy game...As they say about the new NHL..The good teams aren't as good as you think they are,and the bad teams are not as bad as you think they are...In fact,there are no absolutely terrible teams in the NHL.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
This is the first time in a long time where I thought to myself, "wow, I have to wait this many days til the next game?"

Elias Pettersson!!!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I’m honestly fine with not having a lottery pick and making the playoffs. This is a few draft in round one, I see a lot of potential steals in the teens/early 20s
I hear you. But keep in mind, the only year in the past five the Canucks did make the playoffs in Willie's first year, they drafted Brock Boeser 23rd overall that spring. And the year before in 2014, the Canucks picked Jared McCann one pick in front of David Pastrnak. So if your scouts do their job, picking in the bottom half of the first round can still net an impact player.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I hear you. But keep in mind, the only year in the past five the Canucks did make the playoffs in Willie's first year, they drafted Brock Boeser 23rd overall that spring. And the year before in 2014, the Canucks picked Jared McCann one pick in front of David Pastrnak. So if your scouts do their job, picking in the bottom half of the first round can still net an impact player.
Absolutely 100%.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Feel free to sound off on this Detroit-Edmonton game if you're tuning in. Obviously some of you have nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon

neither do i

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Boeser is also coming off a huge 4 point night. That's surely gotta boost his confidence and hopefully he can use last game to build some consistency and be a contributing factor every night.

Really hope Tanev is able to play on Tuesday. We're definitely missing him right now.

Lemurion

Mar 10, 2011
The two top rookie scorers face off! Local kid Dennis Cholowski vs EP40!

Cholowski has a very good 2-6-8 in 11 games. I remember him with the Chilliwack Chiefs!

What's truly scary is that those numbers are very good-- until you compare them to 9-6-15 in 9 games for EP40.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Tyler Bertuzzi brought Detroit to within 1 but Edmonton controlled the run of play and outshot them 42 - 25. 4 - 3 final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad