Pre-Game Talk: Canucks in Detroit, Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Well, theoretically we should run them over especially if EP does EP things.

But they aren't a top team that will somehow play down to our level.

So basically we will squeak out 5-2, 1 EN. We don't turn it on until halfway through the second.

So with this many days off between games, hard to say who I like to start in goal. Detroit seems like a low-scoring team but the guys they do have are clever with some absolute burners. If our D is bad again, could be a long night of slot chances off the rush with lots of lateral plays. I don't like Nilsson for that, prefer Marky.

However, Detroit has lighter guys and Boston can really pass it around on us. Going to hope D can at least keep the smaller Wings to the perimeter so Nilly this game, Marky against Boston Thursday, then see who earns the Saturday start in Buffalo.

Last edited:

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Canucks have 18 points after 15 games this year

how many did they have after 15 games last year?

true enough, but what did our ir look like last year after 15 games? this year we have already lost all our babysitters plus ep has missed 6 games and we are still looking somewhat respectable.

last year we looked decent until pearl harbour day when horvat went down and it was over. i think this year we can withstand losing horvat or ep or boeser temporarily for stretches but probably not 2 of them at a time. if those guys all stay healthy i am really interested to see how we do after things tighten up in january.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
...does Little Caesar's Arena have the same bouncy boards as JLA? I would enjoy seeing Pettersson attempt the bank pass in consecutive games. Too bad both Zetterberg and Datsyuk are gone at this point. Would've been neat to see him meet those players.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
...does Little Caesar's Arena have the same bouncy boards as JLA? I would enjoy seeing Pettersson attempt the bank pass in consecutive games. Too bad both Zetterberg and Datsyuk are gone at this point. Would've been neat to see him meet those players.
Yes it does. Or at least it used to.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
This is the first time in a long time where I thought to myself, "wow, I have to wait this many days til the next game?"

Elias Pettersson!!!

Same.

I know hoping for the Playoffs over a lottery pick will hurt the team in the long run but I just can't find myself wanting this team to lose.

Reactions: peatmoss

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
MDZ talks to Markstrom, EP, Goldobin, Gudbranson, Hutton (rocking a plekanec, as we're calling it now), Gaudette and Virtanen on the flight to Detroit:

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Canucks have 18 points after 15 games this year

how many did they have after 15 games last year?

Yes we're getting close to that point where the teams currently in a playoff position now are likely to be the ones still there after 82 games. But there's still a few caution marks on our team, similar to what happened last year: negative goal differential, a perfect OT/SO record, and consistently giving up a games first goal but managing to make the come back.

With Pettersson's emergence at center he basically replaces the Sedin's so we have a strong enough forward core, but I'm still highly concerned about the personnel on the blue line. We may be able to squeak out a playoff spot this season but would likely get torn to shreds in any playoff series - only defense against that is the Pacific looks like the weak division this year.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Is Tanev back in? Would be great to see him, Edler and Hutton all playing at the same time and eating big minutes.
Ah, who am I kidding!:laugh:

cc

Feb 28, 2002
It's been reported that Boeser is still bothered by his injured groin. It's unknown whether he'll be able to play tomorrow

edit: whoops. someone mentioned that already

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Yep. He looked electric last game. Finally hitting his speed from last season after his injury.
He finally was... but apparently had a set back due to the game...

Finally seemingly gets his legs back... strain... back down to less than healthy.

He needs to sit till healthy...

It's interesting tho... you hear A LOT less about groin issues in players these days vs even 5 yrs ago, don't you.
But they still have the ability to linger if not dealt with properly.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
MDZ talks to Markstrom, EP, Goldobin, Gudbranson, Hutton (rocking a plekanec, as we're calling it now), Gaudette and Virtanen on the flight to Detroit:

Wait so video games are banned on the road by MDZ but he plays Nintendo Switch on the plane...? Seems hypocritical but whatever.

Reactions: Canucks LB

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Wait so video games are banned on the road by MDZ but he plays Nintendo Switch on the plane...? Seems hypocritical but whatever.

So stupid that the banning of video games is even a thing with these professional athletes. They aren't 14 yr old high school boys

Reactions: THE Green Man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad