Pre-Game Talk: Canucks in Detroit, Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I always assumed the videogame ban - if seriously upheld - only applied once they were on the ground, i.e., they made a pact not to cloister themselves in their hotel rooms playing videogames

Such a thing would be pretty dumb to enforce on a plane

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Wait so video games are banned on the road by MDZ but he plays Nintendo Switch on the plane...? Seems hypocritical but whatever.

Why would they ban them on the plane? The whole point of the ban is that guys are shirking their responsibilities to the team in favour of playing a game, including getting a good nights rest. On the plane all they're doing is killing time until the plane lands.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Why would they ban them on the plane? The whole point of the ban is that guys are shirking their responsibilities to the team in favour of playing a game, including getting a good nights rest. On the plane all they're doing is killing time until the plane lands.

How did you feel about the team going out to a club late at night after Drake's concert?

NucksRock

May 16, 2018

Brendan Batchelor@BatchHockey

Lines at practice in Detroit for the #Canucks:

Schaller-Horvat-Virtanen
Roussel-Granlund-Eriksson
Goldobin-Pettersson-Leipsic
Motte-Gaudette-Archibald

Hutton-Gudbranson
Del Zotto-Stecher
Pouliot-Tanev
Biega-Chatfield

Looks like they are line matching on the second line, dropping Pettey to third to hide him a bit and get an easier matchup? And good sign that Tanev was taking regular reps, albeit in the bottom pair.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
I dont get why Leipsic is getting chance after chance to play with Pettersson or Horvat. He has not been good at all, can't use his linemates and docent score. Hopefully Boeser is ready to go.

NucksRock

May 16, 2018
I dont get why Leipsic is getting chance after chance to play with Pettersson or Horvat. He has not been good at all, can't use his linemates and docent score. Hopefully Boeser is ready to go.

Leipsic is their only "scorer or nothing' player who's called up. Since a scorer went down, you put in a guy who has offensive talent in that hole. He can't really play a 'real bottom 6 role' ie with grinders. But seems like Green is spreading the players through the lineup tomorrow given the post i just made. And I'm glad to see Jake with Bo, those 2 have some chemistry and when Baer returns having Baer/Bo/Virtanen could be a very nice second line.

Reactions: THE Green Man

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I had one for 2 years in soccer. The pain comes and goes but hurts like hell when it’s there. It’s better to rest it.

Ya the problem with groin pulls and other sprains and strains is that you really just got to rest it and do nothing otherwise you can keep aggravating it. The problem is that there's really no short time frame for a full recovery. It could be easily be 2-3 months or more of doing nothing to aggravate it. That's why a lot of times you just "tape it up" and play and hope it gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad