Rumor: Canucks going after Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Mother*****er you've thought ownership would of learned after the hiring of Torts... If they keep on sticking their nose in hockey affairs I'm boycotting them.

I hope this team does not become NYI with Wang influence on them or the NHL version of the Dallas Cowboys,

The ownership involvement makes me think again that the team is going to offer Iginla a ridiculous Sundin-like contract.

Tim McCracken

Good loser = LOSER!
Jan 4, 2010
Jail
The ownership involvement makes me think again that the team is going to offer Iginla a ridiculous Sundin-like contract.

I think it's all Benning's call and I can't say I agree with it. For the most part, my take is ownership leaned a valuable lesson, valuable as in up to $50 million in payouts and lost revenue, and will let Benning and Linden pretty much do their thing. Benning was a fairly hot commodity, he had a choice of teams, and I don't think he takes the job here if what's implied as happened with Gillis had a chance of occurring with him.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Outside of a ridiculous contract I'd be in favour of Iginla. Not for the 'going for it' mentality but for the experience and leadership he would bring to some of these young guys. Not overly sure why Iggy would be joining the Canucks if it weren't for the money as he'd have a better chance of winning elsewhere.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
@ctv_kelcey: 1/2: As I first reported the #Canucks will take a serious run at Jarome Iginla today. As of Sunday VAN was convinced they had a legit shot.

@ctv_kelcey: 2/2: I've also learned the Iginla targeting process began several weeks ago w/ ownership leading charge. Let's see what happens. #Canucks

Since when did this guy get any info..

When new people get into management, new sources appear and different reporters become more or less relevant. Think back to Nonis' time here and who the prominent insiders were.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Maybe Miller signing with Vancouver is the factor Iginla and other big fish need in order to become Canucks.

Iginla on the team is never a bad thing, I am anti-tank: Anybody advocating a team without Iginla is as stupid as one of those crazy diets that tell you not to eat fruit.

This team will not be rebuilding until the Sedins are gone

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Even if we aren't the greatest team in the world, I'd be really interested to see how the Sedins and Iginla play together. Hopefully Iginla can help rejuvenate the Sedins. We are not as bad as our last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad