Rumor: Canucks going after Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willting*

Is there anything more than an alleged rumour of Linden talking to Iginla? Just because the Canucks have expressed interest and may have spoken to his agent, does anyone know if Iginla has any interest at all in coming to Vancouver? Or is this just 270 posts of speculation on a vague rumour at best?

Probably the latter. :laugh:

landfill

Sep 1, 2006
Vancouver
a1022.g.akamai.net
Sedin Sedin Iginla

Would be a blast to see even though they are all older now.

Sedins have never had a winger of Iginla's skill

Iginla has never really played with a top line center

Like our chances much more of making the playoffs if this happens.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Sedin Sedin Iginla

Sidney Crosby.. David Krejci...

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
If Anson Carter could score 33 goals with the Sedins, What could Iginla do? I know they are a little past their prime but maybe not.. Look at what age MSL won the art ross. I Could see this line being very very lethal...

canucks52

Oct 26, 2009
would rather go after cammaleri rather than Iggy similar goal scoring production on a much worse team as well as he is 4 years younger. could want to go to a contender though.

Also don't know if Sedins would work with Iggy would be way to slow of a line

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Sedin Sedin Iginla

Would not be a blast to see, because they are all older. Age catches up with all 1st liners.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Wouldn't mind Igilna on a one year deal to trade at deadline to a contender while retaining salary that way we get a better pick prospect?? Offer him 1 year 6 million would that get em here??

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
I find it difficult to believe Iginla would sign here - I assume he wants to be with a team that has a strong chance at the cup. Just don't think that's us in the next couple years.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
I find it difficult to believe Iginla would sign here - I assume he wants to be with a team that has a strong chance at the cup. Just don't think that's us in the next couple years.

this is a thousand times better than signing with a contender. we sign him for whatever, a year at 6m, and at the deadline move him to the best team in the league, 50% salary retained. some contender gets iginla for 750k prorated and we get any asset. its the perfect thing to do with guys like him

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
this is a thousand times better than signing with a contender. we sign him for whatever, a year at 6m, and at the deadline move him to the best team in the league, 50% salary retained. some contender gets iginla for 750k prorated and we get any asset. its the perfect thing to do with guys like him

would be a nice scenario

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER

This is the sort of cunning plan that Jim Benning hatches inbetween mouth-breaths. Like when he's doing a radio interview and struggling to form a coherent sentence about hockey, it's cause he's thinking of good-ass ideas like this.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

There's rumours out there that Iginla wants a 2 year contract and some teams are hesitant.

One thing the Nucks could do is sign him to a 2 year deal that's heavy up front on the 35% rule...

So $8 mil 1st year, $5.2 mil 2nd year = $6.6 mil cap hit.

If the season is a dud, trade him @ deadline and retain 50% salary for the next year so a team has a cheap Iginla then a $3.3 mil cap hit Iginla.

That ought to fetch a 1st at least should the season be bad.

realist99

May 3, 2010
Wouldn't mind Igilna on a one year deal to trade at deadline to a contender while retaining salary that way we get a better pick prospect?? Offer him 1 year 6 million would that get em here??

I like it.

..and what a character line to help bring along all the youth. Talk about classy mentors.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Exactly.

Most contending teams are now dealing with cap issues and it's a win-win for the Canucks and players like Iginla. We have the cap room, it helps fill the seats, we get a trade deadline asset, and if by some crazy miracle we are in a great position by the deadline, we keep him.

Win-win.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
give him 12 million over 2 years and then just sell him off immediately back to the Bruins at 50% caphit for their 2015 1st. is that illegal to do?

i'm sure aquilini would love to bleed some more millions.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
This is the sort of cunning plan that Jim Benning hatches inbetween mouth-breaths. Like when he's doing a radio interview and struggling to form a coherent sentence about hockey, it's cause he's thinking of good-ass ideas like this.

holy **** im dying :laugh:

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
give him 12 million over 2 years and then just sell him off immediately back to the Bruins at 50% caphit for their 2015 1st. is that illegal to do?

i'm sure aquilini would love to bleed some more millions.

im pretty sure this is fine, though it might be wise to wait a few days because they still have a catchall "we can crush you for anything" phrase in the cba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad