Rumor: Canucks going after Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
In a perfect world, they sign him and flip him at the deadline to another cup contender for a 1st rounder in the high-end 2015 draft.

bo2shink*

In a perfect world, they sign him and flip him at the deadline to another cup contender for a 1st rounder in the high-end 2015 draft.

It would be fun to get more for Iggy than Calgary did. But in an actually perfect world, we would be winning the Cup this year.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
So are we re-tooling, rebuilding, or competing for a playoffs spot? Why would I-G-G-Y sign here? :laugh:

He makes his off-season home in Kelowna I believe so perhaps he'd like to live in BC year round? I also get the feeling he has a lot of respect for Linden and has a bit of history with Benning from last season. He would make a great fit for the Sedins, probably their ideal winger.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Signing Iginla would be a dumb move.

Just stuck between rebuild/retool. Benning is going to go out and sign some middle-of-the-road free agents which will land us in the 2008 Calgary death zone. Like 10th place.

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
I think it's a good idea. Especially if we don't make the playoffs. Get a nice pick or prospect for him at the deadline!

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
They can say they are going after him, but I just can't see a lot of these high-end FA's wanting to sign with us, especially Iginla. He is trying to win a cup.

Then management can say that they tried really hard to get these players, but it just didn't work out. We only have so much control of the situation ... blah, blah. We have made changes to become a bigger and faster team and are excited to see young guys push to make the team.

Kip96

Feb 8, 2010
West Coast
Would love to have him at a reasonable price

The reaction of Flames fans having to see Iggy in a Canuck jersey would be amazing

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
If boston is trying to keep iggy is rather trade for Reilly smith and take a cap dump along with him.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Would love to have him at a reasonable price

The reaction of Flames fans having to see Iggy in a Canuck jersey would be amazing

it would be worth it just for this... I Love the Idea.. If we happen to be a playoff team/ contender GREAT. If we suck... Trade him for a 1st rounder... GREAT.. Win/Win if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad