GDT: Canucks free agent frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmaster*

3 years ago, Clarkson scored 18 points in 82 games, and was a -20.
2 years ago, 46 pts in 80 games.
Last year he got 24 pts in 48 games.
How the **** does that earn you $6 million a year over 7 years?
Anyone?

And they locked out the players to fix something? **** the NHL and the owners.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
why not? just as fast, less injured and can put up similar points. not a pushover in the playoffs either. what makes Booth worth more than Stalberg?

Stalberg's soft for his size, I like him as a third liner but this team already has Higgins and Hansen as third liners. I think Booth has more of the ability than him to be a top 6 forward.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Wings might be a strong contender next season with weiss and alferdsson, although they pretty much swapped weiss for filpulla.

Not much of an upgrade, but a slight one for me. But alferdsson/zetterberg/datsyuk going to be nice.

Guess they me loose brunner to though.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
$5.25M per year for Clarkson isn't BAD. It isn't great, but if we had gotten rid of Booth this is something I'd look at. Don't like the 7 year term though.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Stay away from these prices. Stay away from this term. There's no more 'get of cap jail' cards. You can do some real, long term franchise damage here.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
3 years ago, Clarkson scored 18 points in 82 games, and was a -20.
2 years ago, 46 pts in 80 games.
Last year he got 24 pts in 48 games.
How the **** does that earn you $6 million a year over 7 years?
Anyone?

Worst. Contract. Ever.

He turns 30 next season and guys like this simply don't maintain their level of play well into their 30s.

They're paying him $6 million/year when he's 36, and he'll likely regress to a 3rd line, 10-10-20 player by the 3rd year of the deal.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
$5.25M per year for Clarkson isn't BAD. It isn't great, but if we had gotten rid of Booth this is something I'd look at. Don't like the 7 year term though.

The 7 years at that amount for a 29 year old is ridiculous. But Clarkson's one of the few shiny toys in a landfill right now so that alone make shim more appealing just based on circumstance.

topheavyhookjaw

Sep 7, 2008

Term is the killer, next season Booth at 4.25 vs Clarkson at 5.25 doesn't look bad, but I dont' really want either of them more than 2 years from now.

Contracts to Clowe and Clarkson make me think no one learned from Ryan Malone (who was a better offensive player than both of them), these guys break down fast.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
And they locked out the players to fix something? **** the NHL and the owners.

I agree 100%. This whole thing infuriates me, given the amount of hockey we lost last year. We get screwed so that owners and players can continue making the exact same mistakes they were complaining about before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad