GDT: Canucks free agent frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I remember when I used to be so preoccupied with UFA day, and getting mad about us not signing anyone significant (not that we never did or anything). But now I don't really give a **** anymore. I'm more excited about a couple of years down the line when Shinkaruk, Horvat, Gaunce, etc. will make the line-up.

I'd be fine with this if the Canucks were going the rebuild direction.

Don't like keeping the old core forever taking all the roster spots and leaving 4th line spots and 5th/6th d-spots for youth.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Any chance we see all 3 horvat, gaunce and hunter make the team next year. Bring the youth movement (just for a few months) and hopefully ONE of them plays amazing and then fill our the roster down the road?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
exactly we will have a new third center, fourth line center.......our roster is so different especially if you include young players but some fans are blind! :shakehead

OMG I'm so blind. I totally missed the new 4th line center who we don't have yet, and Schroeder being our 3rd line center. Wow I can't believe I missed that. We're back to Cup contenders now because we have a new 4th line center!

:shakehead

arsmaster*

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie now

now that's a good deal. I had weiss at 5.5m

What is sad to me is we think that is a good deal.

50-60 point player with 1st line, 1st unit pp time, and is coming off a significant injury.

-----

This free agent period is making Gillis and his nicely signed contracts look better as he each player signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad