Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Flames. Wednesday. SNET. 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Still better at defense than Sbisa and Bartowski. Will probably score double the goals of those two combined as well.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Because he is 5'0 and would get beat up. Or lets just sit Hutton. Who cares.

Why do people think Weber is so small? He's like two inches shorter than Bartowski, he's not Jordan Schroeder. He's also heavier than Bartowski and our supposed big, tough dman Luca Sbisa.

From the Canucks website:

Yannik Weber - 5'11 200 lbs (also the exact height and weight of Crosby)
Luca Sbisa - 6'2 198 lbs
Matt Bartowski - 6'1 196 lbs

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I do NOT understand the hate for Bartkwoski. He had a good pre season and skates really well. Weber is an absolute tire fire in his own end

Luca Sbisa is a tire fire, Yannick Weber is a solid analytic d-man that's excellent on the power play.

Do you think Sbisa is better than Weber?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Luca Sbisa is a tire fire, Yannick Weber is a solid analytic d-man that's excellent on the power play.

Sbisa is better than no one. However, since he is absolutely not coming out of the lineup no matter how obvious it is that he should, he's not a factor in this discussion.

Weber had a solid regular season last year, and a dreadful playoff. He was particularly exposed physically and intellectually by the Flames' forecheck. I can completely understand him being sat.

And of course, in a perfect world, Sbisa wouldn't see the ice either.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.

No. But Weber is weaker on the puck and gets muscled off the puck extremely easily. He is the Linden Vey of defensemen when it comes to playing on the boards.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Because he is 5'0 and would get beat up. Or lets just sit Hutton. Who cares.

Weber isn't small and isn't weak. He's also our best OFD right now and our best PP defenseman. He's also more than capable in his own end

I don't understand a lot of the hate he gets.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Weber isn't small and isn't weak. He's also our best OFD right now and our best PP defenseman. He's also more than capable in his own end

I don't understand a lot of the hate he gets.

he's just not that good

hutton's miles ahead of him already

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Sbisa is better than no one. However, since he is absolutely not coming out of the lineup no matter how obvious it is that he should, he's not a factor in this discussion.

Weber had a solid regular season last year, and a dreadful playoff. He was particularly exposed physically and intellectually by the Flames' forecheck. I can completely understand him being sat.

And of course, in a perfect world, Sbisa wouldn't see the ice either.

Weber was a huge part of our power play resurgence in the second half of the season. Not sure why you're suggesting he was bad in the playoffs either, he and Hamhuis absolutely destroyed the Flames in terms of shot attempts. (even more than Edler/Tanev)

Playing Bartwoski over him is laughable, Weber at worst will still help our powerplay and drive possession at even strength.

No. But Weber is weaker on the puck and gets muscled off the puck extremely easily. He is the Linden Vey of defensemen when it comes to playing on the boards.

Yannick Weber is also our best offensive d-man along with being a good possession driver, so in other words nothing like Vey whatsoever.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

Even if weber occasionally gets muscled off the puck it's still better than sbisa always (or over 80% of the time) turning the puck over up the middle

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I do NOT understand the hate for Bartkwoski. He had a good pre season and skates really well. Weber is an absolute tire fire in his own end

I don't hate Bartowski but he's just not as good as Weber. Neither are good in their own end. Bartowski is better in the neutral zone and a better skater but the moment he reaches the other team's blueline he becomes completely useless. There is a reason he doesn't have a single regular season goal. Weber on the other hand is very good in the offensive zone, something we don't really have a lot of on our defense.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
I actually like Bartkowksi and Weber... Unfortunately we're never getting rid of Sbisa so it's kind of a moot point... To pick between Bart and Weber is tough... They know what they have in Weber so I'm assuming they just want to see what Bartkowskis got, wouldn't be surprised if they rotate the bottom 3 (Bart, Weber and Hutton) each game until someone really solidifies a spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia