Prospect Info: Canucks draft C Dmitri Zlodeyev (6th Round, 175th Overall)

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
That would be a home run for the Canucks. Chubarov was no slouch.

Chubarov was absolutely a gem. He was our best defensive forward, and great in the face-off circle. Zlodeyev high end potential would be 03/04 Chubarov if everything goes well.

On the topic of Chubarov I was disappointed we never got him back. I could have seen him being a strong Selke candidate in his prime and a consistent 20/20 threat. Dude was one of my favourite Canucks ever.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Chubarov was absolutely a gem. He was our best defensive forward, and great in the face-off circle. Zlodeyev high end potential would be 03/04 Chubarov if everything goes well.

On the topic of Chubarov I was disappointed we never got him back. I could have seen him being a strong Selke candidate in his prime and a consistent 20/20 threat. Dude was one of my favourite Canucks ever.

Love Chubarov. Do you know how his playing career ended?

Reactions: Cogburn

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Crow Loved Chubarov. Thank the lockout if not for that, Chubarov would have stayed in the NHL.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Kirill Koltsov

oh man what a sleeper. Dude's was the 2nd most skilled player in the "organization" back in 2006. Only Nazzy had more skill. It's too bad he didn't give the NHL a chance. guaranteed would have been a solid number 3 dman, that can put up 40 or more points a per year. Mad skills.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Zlodeyev is this year's version of Arvid Costmar, late round draft picks who briefly shone on the world's biggest junior hockey showcase.

But are they legit NHL prospects? Hard to know until they actually arrive over here.

May 31, 2006
Zlodeyev is this year's version of Arvid Costmar, late round draft picks who briefly shone on the world's biggest junior hockey showcase.

But are they legit NHL prospects? Hard to know until they actually arrive over here.
Yeah. Zlodeyev normally plays in the VHL, which is a men's league. Playing against teenagers in this tournament should make him stand out (much like Costmar last year), especially against Switzerland.

I don't think the average quality of competition in the WJC is very good, honestly.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Yeah. Zlodeyev normally plays in the VHL, which is a men's league. Playing against teenagers in this tournament should make him stand out (much like Costmar last year), especially against Switzerland.

I don't think the average quality of competition in the WJC is very good, honestly.

The boys World U-20 Championship when hosted in Canada is like our version of being North Korean. :laugh:

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
4 point night (2g 2a) for his MHL team yesterday.

Yeah he's had real jump since returning from the WJC, and is seeing top line deployment for his new MHL team Spartak Moskva (albeit as a winger v a C). Let's hope he keep rolling offensively!

MHL Stats
MHK Spartak Moskva (New team) - 3GP 5G 3A 8PTS +7 4PIMS 14SOG (4.7Per/GP) 22:13TOI
MHK Dynamo Moskva (Old team) - 10GP 3G 4A 7PTS +2 2PIMS 25SOG (2.5Per/GP) 18:08TOI

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Yeah he's had real jump since returning from the WJC, and is seeing top line deployment for his new MHL team Spartak Moskva (albeit as a winger v a C). Let's hope he keep rolling offensively!

MHL Stats
MHK Spartak Moskva (New team) - 3GP 5G 3A 8PTS +7 4PIMS 14SOG (4.7Per/GP) 22:13TOI
MHK Dynamo Moskva (Old team) - 10GP 3G 4A 7PTS +2 2PIMS 25SOG (2.5Per/GP) 18:08TOI

It's hard for me to get my hopes up just seeing MHL stats. Manukyan broke the record for most points and he's done nothing at the KHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad