Prospect Info: Canucks draft C Dmitri Zlodeyev (6th Round, 175th Overall)

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I dont know, but I bet he doesn't need to tippietoes if his roommate leaves stuff on the top shelf.

Or on the countertop.

tenor.gif

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Carolina has ten prospects at the WJC.

The last eight years don't count, I'd rather not talk about it anymore.
Yeah but not a fair comparison as we were contenders every year under Benning so of course the cupboards would be empty.

Its why we are such a better team then the Canes :nod:

Reactions: pomorick and MarkMM

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I know Rutherford comes to the Canucks with a 'trader Jim' reputation, but the Canucks really need to focus on rebuilding the pipeline in the upcoming drafts....other than Rathbone and maybe Klimovich, the rest of the prospect pool is full of wishing, hoping and praying.

But I guess when you trade two first rounders and two second rounders in the last three drafts, that hollows out your prospect pool in a hurry. It's encouraging that Zlodeyev has made Russian World Jr. team.....but he projects at best to be a checking center at the pro level.

Reactions: MarkMM

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I know Rutherford comes to the Canucks with a 'trader Jim' reputation, but the Canucks really need to focus on rebuilding the pipeline in the upcoming drafts....other than Rathbone and maybe Klimovich, the rest of the prospect pool is full of wishing, hoping and praying.

But I guess when you trade two first rounders and two second rounders in the last three drafts, that hollows out your prospect pool in a hurry. It's encouraging that Zlodeyev has made Russian World Jr. team.....but he projects at best to be a checking center at the pro level.
Benning was right to trade all our top picks and just look at our results the last few seasons to see why it paid off

screenshot_2018-08-06_12.44.21.jpg

Reactions: bh53 and MarkMM

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Sweden Leads Russia 4-3 in the third. Zlodeyev is pointless. Anybody watching? Impressions of Zlodeyev?

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Sweden Leads Russia 4-3 in the third. Zlodeyev is pointless. Anybody watching? Impressions of Zlodeyev?

Was just ok today. Seems like he wants to hound the puck and be physical, but speed holds him back, so he'll really need to focus on skating moving forward.

Definitely seems to be a smart, positionally sound, two-way player, but I personally don't see much offensive upside there. Maybe he can develop into a 4th line C with PK ability down the road, but development is not linear, so we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->