Prospect Info: Canucks draft C Dmitri Zlodeyev (6th Round, 175th Overall)

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
https://tenor.com/9eTM.gif

9eTM.gif

that’s me on ever single player in this draft

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
At this stage in the draft, it's hard to fault any pick that has some tools. Criticisms of him being soft and weak in the corners scares me a bit. But if Kyle Wellwood can do it...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
At this stage in the draft, it's hard to fault any pick that has some tools. Criticisms of him being soft and weak in the corners scares me a bit. But if Kyle Wellwood can do it...
every player will have weaknesses. Just a matter of which ones overcome them. No every player will be Point and drastically improve his skating from average to great.

Reactions: wetcoast

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Awesome production from Zlodoyev thus far.

VHL is no joke and he has 4 goals in 7 games there as an 18 yr old.

MHL = Junior Hockey on Russia so like the CHL

VHL= minors for KHL so AHL of Russia

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Craig Button's sleeper pick.....rated in the mid-to-late second round who falls all the way to the 6th round (175th overall). Russian factor probably. But a prospect to watch, particularly because he's a natural center, a position where the Canucks are organizationally weak.

Assuming Zlodoyev is eligible for the upcoming WJHC in Alberta, which is definitely going ahead even if it takes place in a COVID bubble. Would be terrific if he can make it.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Definitely in the mix for the Russian WJC tournament over Xmas. If Zlodeyev can join Podkolzin on the squad; Arvid Costmar makes Team Sweden; and Joni Jurmo makes the Fins final roster, it would mean four players to follow at this year's tournament. Might be a record for Canuck prospects?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad