Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sharks - 7-4 (Kuzmenko x2, Joshua, Aman, Lafferty, Suter, Hughes) | 1st in the NHL!

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Garland on his way to his second job to help Santa.
1000018203.jpg

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
A little off-topic...Kings are 6-6-3 at home and 13-1-1 on the road. That is an insane stat line.

Not making any comment about it, just that it's crazy.

A lot of the Canucks wins over the last month have been about grit. They are making a ton of mistakes and on every night there have been some egregious errors and/or efforts, but on most of those nights another player has stepped up and done something great to help the team get the win or tie.

Nice job so far boys. Enjoy a well deserved break.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Post got screwed up.

Like I said the Canucks being in first is maybe the most surprising major league sports story of 2023. And this might have been one of the sloppiest game of 2023! Given the situation, especially the schedule, not unexpected. Lucky it was the Sharks. Might be a good thing since this game will not allow the team to go too smuggly into Xmas. PP certainly needs some more work and d finish.

Nice to see Kuzmenko play well. Team needs another player scoring and he showed in this one he has the talent

Also nice to see Garland is still playing like a God. He has replaced Miller recently as the player driving the team. And Blueger again showed he is a very handy pickup. And Joshua continues to score and he might be the surprise player of the season to date.

Defense was often adrift in this one. Zadorov's weakest game. One of Hronek weakest games. Myers trended off badly as the game went on (I think Zadorov's play left Myers trying to do too much - and that is when Myers starts to falter) Thought Juulsen played fine as did Hughes.

Demko looked shaky in the first but this game could have gotten away if he doesn't have strong second half to the game.

I hope Pettersson gets a ton of rest during the break and comes back rejuvenated (or looking more his old self) since his play remains very random. He's getting checked closely but that should mean tries to move the puck quicker.

Anyhow there has to be little to quibble about given the record of the team and the way they plowed thru December.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
.840 for Demko, ugh. Our playoffs won't last long if he doesn't play better than he has over the last little while. And how about Blueger; I have never seen a guy so adept at picking off loose pucks. For me he has been the off season acquisition of the year.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
.840 for Demko, ugh. Our playoffs won't last long if he doesn't play better than he has over the last little while. And how about Blueger; I have never seen a guy so adept at picking off loose pucks. For me he has been the off season acquisition of the year.
At this moment he's still the favorite for the Vezina. I ain't worried.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
so despite the 2 goals

Kuz um....not very good in his own end, doesnt help that Demko was belowe average tongiht

Also for some reason, EP defensive game drops off with Kuz on his line

I feel EP is still himself adjusting to Tocchet hockey. Add an equally struggling Kuz and a guy who just came back from a ACL surgery, and the results won't be perfect. This break will hopefully do him wonders especially if he is indeed playing through some sort of injury.

Reactions: Indiana

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Bit of a sloppy game but you'll take the W. Canucks finally get the rest they desperately need

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad