Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sharks - 7-4 (Kuzmenko x2, Joshua, Aman, Lafferty, Suter, Hughes) | 1st in the NHL!

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
At this moment he's still the favorite for the Vezina. I ain't worried.

Ehh, can't say I agree. There's some very stiff competition right now. Hill has been incredible, Talbot's had a complete resurgence but I still think it's Swayman pulling ahead. All three have been better than Demko as of late.

There's pretty much zero chance he even gets nominated when DeSmith actually has a better GAA and SV%. Plenty of time for Demko to roar back but he's definitely taken himself out of the Vezina conversation at the moment.

Reactions: TruGr1t

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Ehh, can't say I agree. There's some very stiff competition right now. Hill has been incredible, Talbot's had a complete resurgence but I still think it's Swayman pulling ahead. All three have been better than Demko as of late.

There's pretty much zero chance he even gets nominated when DeSmith actually has a better GAA and SV%. Plenty of time for Demko to roar back but he's definitely taken himself out of the Vezina conversation at the moment.
Yea hes more of a top 5 instead of top 3 right now. Hughes is capable and has to be leading the Norris for now, Tocchet is up there for Jack Adams and I think Allvin already has the GM award locked down

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
1st in the league, Merry Christmas everyone. These are the days where you don't overanalyze it or dwell on sustainabliity or stats, just soak in the good times and bask in it while it lasts.

but but but but but but but PDO.

The PDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: mriswith

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023

Tochett seemed a little annoyed that the media opened up with a Kuzmenko question

Dude looks sick.

Why would they care at all that his backup has slightly better numbers in fewer games played.

Demko is still the favorite. He hasn't played himself out of anything.

Yea hes more of a top 5 instead of top 3 right now. Hughes is capable and has to be leading the Norris for now, Tocchet is up there for Jack Adams and I think Allvin already has the GM award locked down
You people are delusional.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Post game celebrations in your 20s: getting wasted, going to the Roxy, lighting up Granville

Post game celebrations in your 30s: eat two bagels so the extra beer you had doesn’t give you heartburn, lurk losing PGT, stretching

Is Granville even a hot spot for nightlife anymore?

Last time I was there a year ago it was all junkies

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
I just watched the first star interview with Kuz. I couldn't want a player to succeed more than him right now.

As for the team, well, when their only wins are against teams below them in the standings it's hard to have hope. It's also quite obvious that the league has rigged the regular season for the Canucks. They do not play a single game against their division leader, the conference leader or the league leading team even once for the rest of the entire season. Toddler tossing Frank must have gotten bored with meddling with the team and set his sights on the league.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
He was laughing lol
He was just joking around

I could kiss that man. Best coach we’ve had (so far) since AV.

None of anyone you listed has name cache like Demko has. People out East know Demko thanks to Juice and Friedman. Swayman has the best chance of the 3, I think. Kudos to Hill and Talbot though.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Post game celebrations in your 20s: getting wasted, going to the Roxy, lighting up Granville

Post game celebrations in your 30s: eat two bagels so the extra beer you had doesn’t give you heartburn, lurk losing PGT, stretching

Early 20s for me was keep drinking, go to the park by my house and smoke a bowl or 5 come back and listen to music and post on HF. I’m not a partier, but I did love to get a nice fade on.

Now, post game cellies are either keep working (did this 29 times this year) or take the sky train home from Roger’s with my mum (2 times this year). I think the only full game I’ve been able to watch was the Dallas HNIC game.

I used to post on HF all day on game days, glued to the radio. Though I am sad I have made sacrifices and can not watch my team, I am in a much better place in life now I am 30.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
petey kuzy even though he scored 2 goals and is getting some confidence back. that line got scored on 3x or 4x. minuses gotta do better in their end. demko was average tonight. the third line with joshua/garland/bluger has been the best line this entire month. wait till soucy comes back and the D will be better. cole needs a break.

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
This team is getting results from every corner of the lineup.

The biggest gripes seem to be that EP isn't all he could be and that Demko is only winning games instead of dominating.

The biggest fear seems to be that LA is somehow a juggernaut. With the Canucks the talk is about how Hughes and Hronek play too much and it's not sustainable, yet Doughty plays more than anyone in the league and he's a full decade older.
Let's reduce EP and Miller's ice, yet 36yr old Anze Kopitar is fine to play under a min/gp less than either.

Cam Talbot. He's a goalie. If it were the offseason the Kings would have to add in a trade for the Canuck's backup.

I'm definitely shitting on LA here, but that isn't my point. The point is that there are no monsters in the closet here that aren't also in someone else's closet. Vegas, Vancouver, LA, Boston, whoever. Nobody dominates for 60 mins every game. One team is at the top of the standings and while that doesn't guarantee a damn thing it's something no other team can claim. Merry f***ing Christmas.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Wow, living on the East Coast, it's actually worth it to stay up and watch this team play again. It's tempting to want to still want to make some moves, but honestly, everyone seems to be pulling their weight. I'm very happy to see guys like Garland finally get a chance to shine.
2024 could be a very interesting year.
Merry Christmas you filthy animals!

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver

Dude looks sick.

Why would they care at all that his backup has slightly better numbers in fewer games played.

Demko is still the favorite. He hasn't played himself out of anything.

You people are delusional.

The Vezna is very stat heavy. Demko is sitting 7th in GAA at 2.46, 10th in S% at 9.17, and T1st for shut outs with 3.

If Demko gets that S% back up to around 9.25% I’d say he’s there, but I don’t this he is currently in the running despite how well he has looked, he’s just had a couple of game like last night that kill his stats.

Hughes on the other hand, he’s gotta be the leader for the Norris.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
They don't ask how. They ask how many.
Sorry but they do.. they ask how, analyze how, and argue how until its a beaten little bloody pulp on the ground.. and then we say - but we are first so get dicked

Or maybe these are just my experiences

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad