Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sharks - 5-4 (OT) (Brock Boeser, Hughes, Lammikko, Garland, Miller)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Skill? You really wanna talk skill? :huh::huh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This team is LOADED with skill.

And yes obviously they don't play the same style as the Blues. I was referring to the obvious building of momentum during the second half of the season. Buckle up folks we're in for a hell of a ride!
*unbuckles and relaxes*

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Yes I’m glad he is gone. I was never a fan I just like to call out bs. And there is a lot of it on these boards
Indeed, 2770 posts of it...

sick-burn.gif

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Yes I’m glad he is gone. I was never a fan I just like to call out bs. And there is a lot of it on these boards

Imagine spending five years as a staunch supporter of him only to pretend you wanted him gone. Just a lame attempt to save face that no one actually believes. At least be consistent, man.

Reactions: 4Twenty

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Our forward group is a lesser version of Carolina's group. They have Aho, Kotkaniemi, Trocheck, and Staal down the middle with solid 8 wingers.

Dont you remember the beginning of the season when people were saying this was the best forward group in the nhl, and better then 2011?

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Lame..(is this supposed to a gotcha..?)...read through the thread, and most posters here said it was very close..

mid this supposed to be a gotcha post? First 75% said 2011 was better, but that isn’t the point. Even if it is like you said, that is still the point and doesn’t change anything. People were still discussing.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Lame..(is this supposed to a gotcha..?)...read through the thread, and most posters here said it was very close..
That thread shows the inability of some fans to separate their support of the team from their capacity to evaluate or manage realistic expectations. Those same supporters constantly called out people who tried to be realistic about the prospects of the club, as not real fans of the team.
It's pretty lame now reading a few of those posters back peddle, acting like they weren't willing supporters of almost every move made by the club. Disingenuous seems kind of accurate from this perspective.
At least have the stones to admit you're wrong instead of trying to weasel out of what is readily available reading the history of these boards.

Or not

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
That thread shows the inability of some fans to separate their support of the team from their capacity to evaluate or manage realistic expectations. Those same supporters constantly called out people who tried to be realistic about the prospects of the club, as not real fans of the team.
It's pretty lame now reading a few of those posters back peddle, acting like they weren't willing supporters of almost every move made by the club. Disingenuous seems kind of accurate from this perspective.
At least have the stones to admit you're wrong instead of trying to weasel out of what is readily available reading the history of these boards.

Or not
Where was I wrong in the 2011 top 6 vs the current top 6..?.(I dont think I even voted)...I dont think anybody expected, or predicted most of our top 6 players to underachieve this season, as much as they have.

If you read that thread, most posters say it was a very close call..

So, what points am I wrong about?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Or not

It's amazing how people who have been consistently wrong about absolutely everything for 8 years and have overestimated the team at every turn ... have learned absolutely nothing and just continue overestimating the team.

This time it's gonna be different!

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It's amazing how people who have been consistently wrong about absolutely everything for 8 years and have overestimated the team at every turn ... have learned absolutely nothing and just continue overestimating the team.

This time it's gonna be different!

It's a silly combination of ignorance, arrogance, and being too immature to admit to being wrong leading to doubling down on their views.

Reactions: M2Beezy and MS

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Or not
Excuse me while I edit some of my old posts.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad