Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sharks - 5-4 (OT) (Brock Boeser, Hughes, Lammikko, Garland, Miller)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
It's amazing how people who have been consistently wrong about absolutely everything for 8 years and have overestimated the team at every turn ... have learned absolutely nothing and just continue overestimating the team.

This time it's gonna be different!
Im suprised he didnt correct you and say that hes only been here since 2017, as if that validates his point :laugh:

likash

Apr 17, 2019
This is what i said when that poll was created. The same things i'm saying right now.

"People voted our top 6 vs the 2011 one that had 2 Art Ross trophies winners on the first line.?
Do i need to remind you guys that 35 year old Sedins had 70+ pts while our young stars never got to 70 in a higher scorring era with smaller equipment for goalies?
Bring on threads like this. They will show us who is who
. ;)"

Guess i'm too negative but we had some delusional posters in that thread that have vanished. :laugh:
Reading hammer79 posts is funny has hell. And sting101 thinking that if we somehow beat Vegas the 2020 was better. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

My favourite quote @I am toxic : "A little bit of success transforms this forum into HFBenning again. "

Last edited:

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
This is what i said when that poll was created. The same things i'm saying right now.

"People voted our top 6 vs the 2011 one that had 2 Art Ross trophies winners on the first line.?
Do i need to remind you guys that 35 year old Sedins had 70+ pts while our young stars never got to 70 in a higher scorring era with smaller equipment for goalies?
Bring on threads like this. They will show us who is who
. ;)"

Guess i'm too negative but we had some delusional posters in that thread that have vanished. :laugh:
Reading hammer79 posts is funny has hell. And sting101 thinking that if we somehow beat Vegas the 2020 was better. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Let's call them all out. There are some absurd takes based on 1 month of bubble hockey with no fan pressure.

My favourite quote @I am toxic : "A little bit of success transforms this forum into HFBenning again. "
I am pretty sure “call out posts” are specifically outlawed in the site rules. I agree with your sentiment though.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Still a lot of potential in this group. Will it end up being better than 2011...well that was one of the most dominant regular season teams in league history, and if gm7 had gone differently, that would be considered one of the most dominant seasons in league history, so probably not.

But without EP being a 90+ point player, then the comparison is moot. Pretty safe to assume anyone feeling this group was comparable was expecting a big jump from EP40. But no doubt with the disappointing start for our offense, the comparison looks silly right now.

One thing I never understand is people thinking being "right" on an internet forum means something. Who gives a shit. We are all just saying stuff. I mean, if you spent the last 8 years expecting the worst, while I spent it hoping for the best, you were right and I was wrong. Your reward, 8 years of miserable Fandom, while my consolidation prize is at least having some hope and positivity while I spent my leisure time following a sport that is completely meaningless in a world that is burning to the ground.

So for those that spent the last years angry and bitter, congrats here's your cookie! In the meantime, I'm going back to *hoping* this core takes steps to make a comparison to 2011 worthwhile. If that doesn't happen, I will be *hoping* the new regime recognizes the flaws and is able to correct them.

But win, lose or ugly it is meaningless. It's a game played for entertainment. No one lives or dies based on the results. And tbh, those that would rather spend their time being miserable just so they can say they were "right" are kinda sad and pathetic really, especially when they then need to pound their chest about their negativity being "vindicated." Our opinions all mean nothing and have no impact on the results. There is a ton of shit going wrong in the world that is worth getting mad about. Hockey isn't one of them. Being a fan, by definition, is non-rational. It's easy to be pessimistic and odds are you will usually be right. Yay!

Reactions: kaczor

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Still a lot of potential in this group. Will it end up being better than 2011...well that was one of the most dominant regular season teams in league history, and if gm7 had gone differently, that would be considered one of the most dominant seasons in league history, so probably not.

But without EP being a 90+ point player, then the comparison is moot. Pretty safe to assume anyone feeling this group was comparable was expecting a big jump from EP40. But no doubt with the disappointing start for our offense, the comparison looks silly right now.

One thing I never understand is people thinking being "right" on an internet forum means something. Who gives a shit. We are all just saying stuff. I mean, if you spent the last 8 years expecting the worst, while I spent it hoping for the best, you were right and I was wrong. Your reward, 8 years of miserable Fandom, while my consolidation prize is at least having some hope and positivity while I spent my leisure time following a sport that is completely meaningless in a world that is burning to the ground.

So for those that spent the last years angry and bitter, congrats here's your cookie! In the meantime, I'm going back to *hoping* this core takes steps to make a comparison to 2011 worthwhile. If that doesn't happen, I will be *hoping* the new regime recognizes the flaws and is able to correct them.

But win, lose or ugly it is meaningless. It's a game played for entertainment. No one lives or dies based on the results. And tbh, those that would rather spend their time being miserable just so they can say they were "right" are kinda sad and pathetic really, especially when they then need to pound their chest about their negativity being "vindicated." Our opinions all mean nothing and have no impact on the results. There is a ton of shit going wrong in the world that is worth getting mad about. Hockey isn't one of them. Being a fan, by definition, is non-rational. It's easy to be pessimistic and odds are you will usually be right. Yay!
Swing and a miss bub

Id respond to this in a serious fashion but I laughed too many times reading it. I wish for your sake your post was a joke but you got a history backing Bennings 8 years of failure so theres that. Good luck :thumbu:

Reactions: mathonwy

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I will just say Henrik Sedin was 30 years+ and an Art Ross winner meaning truly one of the best players in the league. And then Canada's best goalie in net... Basically, we were the Tampa Bay Lightning in the regular season. The key part being regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad