Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sens - 6-2 (Pearson, Motte, Schenn, Horvat, Chiasson, Miller)

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018

giphy.webp

Reactions: Hit the post

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I’m posting in a GDT about a big win. Did they win tonight or not?

If you wanna celebrate their win, go ahead. Wanna objectively analyze which player played well, no problem.

But if you wanna use two wins against one of the VERY few teams in the league, who's in equally as bad shape as we are, to push your laughable and ridiculous notion that our team is somehow not ruined by Dim Jim, you'll have to deal with people calling out your monumental and epic bullshit. No one will spare your feelings over facts and logic.

No the seasons is not starting to turn around.

And like I said, the league doesn't give participation trophies, I'm sorry to break it to you again.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
If you wanna celebrate their win, go ahead. Wanna objectively analyze which player played well, no problem.

But if you wanna use two wins against one of the VERY few teams in the league, who's in equally as bad shape as we are, to push your laughable and ridiculous notion that our team is somehow not ruined by Dim Jim, you'll have to deal with people calling out your monumental and epic bullshit. No one will spare your feelings over facts and logic.

And like I said, the league doesn't give participation trophies, I'm sorry to break it to you again.
Take your glass half empty Benning rant to the management thread.

Reactions: Jimnastic

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Take your glass half empty Benning rant to the management thread.

Why? Did I violate any rules? I didn't cheer for losses here did I? And in the pre-game thread I made it clear that as long as there's no injuries, the team does what they do and that's that.

We won tonight quite convincingly in Ottawa, and we won last game in Montreal. Two indisputable consecutive wins. But that doesn't mean Benning isn't a complete f***ing idiot.

EDIT: 8 years of this crap and you have the audacity to say glass half empty? Laughable.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. If there are people who are still holding out some hope, so what? You don't need to insult people. You need to lighten up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana and Nomobo

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Now this win is interesting. Green lives on as Canucks coach for another game? Benning?

Reactions: David71

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. If there are people who are still holding out some hope, so what? You don't need to insult people. You need to lighten up.

We are getting close to #toldYaSo territory.

Boy will the haters need to eat a bunch of crow...

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Best game ever. :sarcasm:
Do the Sens get the Covid excuse? They sucked even before they got covid but they are a new level of bad. It was a good game for the players to pad some stats.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC

Agree Not a matter of holding out hope some are just enjoying a game dont care to analyze every detail that should be fine .

Reactions: Nomobo and Indiana

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
You told us this would be the best season since 2014-15.

Told you so? Lol
Yeah, pretty easy burn, but nice shot. I'll wear it.

I predicted a 6-2 win so I will take some solace in that. Yeah, I expected a strong season this year. Did anybody expect that Petey would crap the bed for the first 20 games? And with Garland, OEL, and Podz working out well I am amazed we have been so lacklustre on offence.

Now to respond to some of the other posters in this thread.

I have been a Canucks fan from day one, that makes it over 50 years. Went to the luncheon for 50 year ticket holders a couple of years ago. There were only 200 of us.

We just won two games. Albeit against the 29th and 32nd placed teams. But we won. Previous games: Boston game was okay (f*** I hate losing to Boston). Blue Jackets we played well and badly outshot them but still lost. We played passably against the Penguins. We outplayed Chicago (shots 40 to 24).

Before that we were shit for a long stretch.

I am a Canuck fan. That does not make me a Benning lover or a Green lover. I am relatively benign about both of them, though Jim has made some bad depth decision in the past that were bloody painful.

Yeah, I think this team should be better than they have been at the start of the season. I am hoping they do well during this next homestand against quality teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Agree Not a matter of holding out hope some are just enjoying a game dont care to analyze every detail that should be fine .
Seems like the only comments people have had a problem with are the ones that aren't just about enjoying a game and are directly about holding out hope.

Reactions: Indiana

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I want the Canucks to win a Cup. These weren't playoff games. The issues with the team are tied directly to the management, and have led to 6/8 losing seasons (under .500 pts%). If I want the Canucks to be Cup champs, I'm cheering just as hard for a complete cleansing of management and coaching staff who have failed to produce results. I would say the reason for this lack of results in incompetence, but at the end of the day as a fan it doesn't matter the reason - this team has stunk for most of the last decade.

Hell yeah there's some vitriol. Benning and Green (and WD) have collectively wasted my time for most of eight years. Again, I want us to hoist the Cup. Why should I afford people who have demonstrated this level of failure any kind of benefit of the doubt or withhold my ire?

I choose to enjoy games where they win because it won't make a lick of difference to where this team ends up this season, or to their overall success for the last 8 seasons. These things are not up for debate. If you really are a fan of the team and want them to experience that ultimate success....well, cheering for winning games isn't nearly as important as getting rid of Benning, Weisbrod, and Green. Why should we put up with their obvious shortcomings another moment?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Yeah, pretty easy burn, but nice shot. I'll wear it.

I predicted a 6-2 win so I will take some solace in that. Yeah, I expected a strong season this year. Did anybody expect that Petey would crap the bed for the first 20 games? And with Garland, OEL, and Podz working out well I am amazed we have been so lacklustre on offence.

Now to respond to some of the other posters in this thread.

I have been a Canucks fan from day one, that makes it over 50 years. Went to the luncheon for 50 year ticket holders a couple of years ago. There were only 200 of us.

I am not a Jim Benning fan. But the rabidness of some of the Jim haters matches the psychotic delusions I see in anti-vaxxers and Qanon followers. In all three cases they hijack the conversation to rant on about their deluded beliefs.

One of the douchebags in this thread went on a Benning tirade when it has nothing to do with this game. Assholes like him probably all cheered when Gaudette scored. He was -2 by the way.

We just won two games. Albeit against the 29th and 32nd placed teams. But we won. Previous games: Boston game was okay (f*** I hate losing to Boston). Blue Jackets we played well and badly outshot them but still lost. We played passably against the Penguins. We outplayed Chicago (shots 40 to 24).

Before that we were shit for a long stretch.

I am a Canuck fan. That does not make me a Benning lover or a Green lover. I am relatively benign about both of them, though Jim has made some bad depth decision in the past that were bloody painful.

Yeah, I think this team should be better than they have been at the start of the season. I am hoping they do well during this next homestand against quality teams.

Yup.

On the topic of the game. It's nice for the players to get some confidence.

Our D composition is a tire fire, but our forwards and goaltender are good. We were never going to be a .300 win percentage team and hoping for that in some perverted personal hatred against a GM (who needs to go, but clearly won't until the off season) is just sad. Like, it makes me wonder if you have other joys in your life levels of sad.

Saw some positive shifts for Petey. A couple of shifts where he had an alien moment here or there of creating a turnover and making a nice pass. Unfortunately, it was to Justin Dowling who is basically a 13th forward.

I get that Petey has been listless most of the year, but as he is gradually showing signs I thought it was weird not to give him opportunities at 4 on 4 in order to give him some more space/time with the puck to build some confidence. It almost starts to feel like Green isn't so much trying to get him going as he's trying to teach him a lesson. I hope it's not personal, because that's never good. May be another indication that Green has to go (though he's a good coach and he will figure it out elsewhere. Almost no coach is successful in their first stop).

Hughes is really figuring it out. At the beginning of the year I was a little bit worried that, despite nice stats, he looked a bit less dynamic, a bit less able to beat guys with his feet. It starts to look like he felt personally humiliated by how last year went defensively so he started off focusing on his side of the ice a bit. Also, roll call for the geniuses on this board (you know who you are) who were saying we should deal him and that he was a flash in the pan after a troubled Covid shortened season at 21. Ell-Oh-Ell.

I recall wishing Green wasn't so strictly focused on playing left handers on the LD and right handers on the RD. Can't remember who it was, but it was two lefties in the past. The fact that he is playing Burroughs and Poolman is really frustrating, they are appalling together. I can't wait until we get Rathbone back up here.

People saying it's time to trade Boeser are the same KJDDs (knee jerk dumb dumbs) who wanted to trade Hughes last year. He's playing injured, it was mentioned in the athletic, and it's obvious. Christ, watching a guy in his early 20's have a bad stretch of 20 games and deciding he's a bust makes me wonder if you've mastered object permanence yet. With that said, for those who suggest Boeser may ultimately be the one to go for an RD due to roster composition, I hope it's not him unless it's a great RD, but I have time for the argument.

Garland is a creator, always dragging the team into the fight.

Chiasson, despite the goal, doesn't really deserve to be a regular. I would sooner call up Di Guiseppe or someone else who can actually skate and forecheck. First and foremost, get him off the powerplay, almost every puck touch (on pp) is to the other team.

---

Our D is as bad as people think it is, but our forwards are great possession players and we've been terrible because the forwards haven't been scoring and our pk has been historically bad. Neither are likely sustainable. I suspect our record the rest of the year is above 500.

Reactions: Nomobo

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Yup.

On the topic of the game. It's nice for the players to get some confidence.

Our D composition is a tire fire, but our forwards and goaltender are good. We were never going to be a .300 win percentage team and hoping for that in some perverted personal hatred against a GM (who needs to go, but clearly won't until the off season) is just sad. Like, it makes me wonder if you have other joys in your life levels of sad.

Saw some positive shifts for Petey. A couple of shifts where he had an alien moment here or there of creating a turnover and making a nice pass. Unfortunately, it was to Justin Dowling who is basically a 13th forward.

I get that Petey has been listless most of the year, but as he is gradually showing signs I thought it was weird not to give him opportunities at 4 on 4 in order to give him some more space/time with the puck to build some confidence. It almost starts to feel like Green isn't so much trying to get him going as he's trying to teach him a lesson. I hope it's not personal, because that's never good. May be another indication that Green has to go (though he's a good coach and he will figure it out elsewhere. Almost no coach is successful in their first stop).

Hughes is really figuring it out. At the beginning of the year I was a little bit worried that, despite nice stats, he looked a bit less dynamic, a bit less able to beat guys with his feet. It starts to look like he felt personally humiliated by how last year went defensively so he started off focusing on his side of the ice a bit. Also, roll call for the geniuses on this board (you know who you are) who were saying we should deal him and that he was a flash in the pan after a troubled Covid shortened season at 21. Ell-Oh-Ell.

I recall wishing Green wasn't so strictly focused on playing left handers on the LD and right handers on the RD. Can't remember who it was, but it was two lefties in the past. The fact that he is playing Burroughs and Poolman is really frustrating, they are appalling together. I can't wait until we get Rathbone back up here.

People saying it's time to trade Boeser are the same KJDDs (knee jerk dumb dumbs) who wanted to trade Hughes last year. He's playing injured, it was mentioned in the athletic, and it's obvious. Christ, watching a guy in his early 20's have a bad stretch of 20 games and deciding he's a bust makes me wonder if you've mastered object permanence yet. With that said, for those who suggest Boeser may ultimately be the one to go for an RD due to roster composition, I hope it's not him unless it's a great RD, but I have time for the argument.

Garland is a creator, always dragging the team into the fight.

Chiasson, despite the goal, doesn't really deserve to be a regular. I would sooner call up Di Guiseppe or someone else who can actually skate and forecheck. First and foremost, get him off the powerplay, almost every puck touch (on pp) is to the other team.

---

Our D is as bad as people think it is, but our forwards are great possession players and we've been terrible because the forwards haven't been scoring and our pk has been historically bad. Neither are likely sustainable. I suspect our record the rest of the year is above 500.
You made this post after we won 2 games vs the worst teams in the NHL. We barely won vs the habs and the we diamantled a Covid ravaged garbage team with bad goaltending. You guys never learn. Over 500 can mean 4-5 games over, wich is still bad for a team who went all in. We need to win another 6 games in a row just to get to 30 pts in 30 games. It is doable in december because of the easy schedule but in january it will be game over. Winning right now is bad because it buys Jim and Green more time and we remain in the same mediocre cycle. I guarantee you that if we win another 3-4 games, Jim annd Green won't be fired untill april.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad