Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sens - 6-2 (Pearson, Motte, Schenn, Horvat, Chiasson, Miller)

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I still expect changes to be made. The decision has probably already been made. Most likely when we return home. At the very least I would like them to move on from Benning. I’m wavering on Green, I like him as a person and might be willing to give him another chance.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I still expect changes to be made. The decision has probably already been made. Most likely when we return home. At the very least I would like them to move on from Benning. I’m wavering on Green, I like him as a person and might be willing to give him another chance.
If you’re basing a decision on a couple wins against the basement teams, then there’s something serious wrong (which is our reality, there’s something serious wrong). We were basically told that this team is expected to be competing for playoffs and would have to be on literal fire remainder of season to even have a fighting chance. Don’t give any more leash to this management crew for the love of!!!

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
I’m wavering on Green, I like him as a person and might be willing to give him another chance.
f*** off. Green has done nothing but be a chode to everyone who even suggests maybe he isnt perfect. He is a shit human and was a massive locker room cancer as a player. This f***ing shit forgiving him "because he is a good person" is disgusting.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
f*** off. Green has done nothing but be a chode to everyone who even suggests maybe he isnt perfect. He is a shit human and was a massive locker room cancer as a player. This f***ing shit forgiving him "because he is a good person" is disgusting.
Same to you my friend :). I never said he was perfect. I have no reason to think of him as a “shit human”

Reactions: lousy

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Can someone explain why jt miller face washed his teammates after scoring that goal ??

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Hughes passes on the offensive blue line are franking amazing this season.

he is passing absolute lasers inches inside the blueline to his partner

really really improved aspect of his game

Reactions: CanuckCity

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
also
since when does "being a good person" became a strength? Shouldn't that be like the bare minimum?

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Hughes is only 2 points back of the scoring lead for D. If the Canucks have picked things up a bit, he will inevitably get more points. If he is at the top of the scoring at the end of the year, he should get serious consideration for the Norris. He's playing well in his own end.

OldYeller00

Nov 27, 2021
Change is coming, I can feel it. Regardless of the last two wins, benning and green are gone by this weekend.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
It's clear that any sort of analysis has to consider the level of the competition which was pretty awful. Still number of players played well and, in general, the team has been decent throughout most of the road trip.

Good

Demko - with the defense they have and defense play of some of the forwards, this team is always going to give up chances and it was important again that Demko not to give the Sens any life. Was very good on the 5 on 3 situation which was critical

Garland - created offense again all game. You wonder what his upside would be if he was ever with top end players are with players who are top of their games.

Hughes - player of the game. Was simply outstanding. Play coming out of his end, especially the passing, was absolutely elite. Just on another level

Myers - mostly too Tkachuk out of the play . Like Hughes facilitated play coming out of his end and mostly strong around his net. Not perfect but was big plus in this game.

Motte - has made a huge difference to the PK and forecheck. Never quits trying and plays smart.

Others

Schenn - nice goal and an important one. Be good if he could cover little more area around his net. Continues to work well with Hughes - it's a combo that knows their roles.

Horvat - nice shot but needs to move puck better

Boeser - giving it a go but skating is hindering much success. Could see Miller passing up chances to score to move the puck to Boeser to get him a goal. Reaching a point where Boeser has to be moved at the first opportunity

Miller - just on the goal might call him good. Also not bad defensively. However, still making too many errant passes.

Podkolzin - hopefully the production starts soon since so many parts of his game are developing. Retrieving the puck all game in the offensive end and making effective passes.

Pettersson - has to move the puck quicker. People are taking the body every time against him and he is not able to stick handle around people. Always seems to be waiting hat secon too long to move the puck or get off his shot. In the past he was giving himself room to hold onto the puck but not doing that lately. Needs to adapt his game to how he is being checked and find new ways to help the team.

One thing that caught your eye in this game was how poor Stutzle is atm. Like in other cases, makes you wonder just how high draft choices can look great until they get tested against pros. Lot of the best prospects for Ottawa are trending badly.

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
I’d like to remind everyone that we just beat two AHL teams, and although I’m happy for the players who got some much needed confidence/points, would not be surprised if we move on to have another lacklustre homestand.

Reactions: Metalwood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad