Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Senators - 6-4 (Pettersson x 2, Miller, Edler, Benn, Horvat)

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
He pivots like a WWI battleship.

It's not even that, some of his pivots are poor but not all of them. My issue is that he holds the puck a lot but hasn't been challenged at all so far this pre-season. Under a heavy forecheck I think he's going to give up the puck a lot because the rumours about him not being physical look like they're holding true here as well. At least to my eye.

Like his zone exits in preseason have been good but that was supposed to be a weakness of his. Then it crosses my mind that he's experienced absolutely no pressure so far. We'll see what happens in these later preseason games.

Reactions: timw33

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
This is why the Canucks shouldn't play their top players too much in the pre-season, injuries will happen from other players trying to make a point.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Oddity

Nov 11, 2011
Having trouble clipping a replay broadcast team? Are they not capable of showing replays? wtf?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
It's not even that, some of his pivots are poor but not all of them. My issue is that he holds the puck a lot but hasn't been challenged at all so far this pre-season. Under a heavy forecheck I think he's going to give up the puck a lot because the rumours about him not being physical look like they're holding true here as well. At least to my eye.

He panics under pressure and makes bad decisions. That’s what happened on the goal.

Reactions: mossey3535

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Virtanen is terrible in this game, he should have dropped it back to the point on zone entry.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Personally liked Miller saying “ow” when Boeser came in for the congrats. Next time he’ll put his stick down..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad