Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Senators - 6-4 (Pettersson x 2, Miller, Edler, Benn, Horvat)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Live from Abbotsford. Tonight's game is being streamed online again.

Lineups tonight;

My rough guess at the Canucks' Starting Lineup based on that group...

Boeser - Pettersson - Leivo
Miller - Horvat - Baertschi
Eriksson - Sutter - Pearson
Schaller - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Myers
Stecher - Benn
Biega - Fantenberg

Markstrom/Demko

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Stoked to watch Brannstrom up close tonight. One of the most intriguing prospects in the game right now.

Live thread for the GDT or do I have to something something?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
that's a very regular seasonish looking lineup. we will have a top 6 out there for the first time.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Inserting Ferland for Schaller
Quinn and Tanev for Fantenberg and Biega
That’s basically our opening line up
I wonder how Motte will fit in unless they move out a veteran.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
That looks like our starting forward lineup with Ferland inserted anywhere. Finally we get to see the first two lines together in a game!

THRILLHOIAF

Jul 26, 2019
Loui still on the team. WTF

he's actually looked fine this pre-season and had some decent little chemistry with Gaudette of all players

If Gaudette can find chemistry with Loui and Sutter cannot, then maybe Gaudette just found his way to get into the lineup - likely easier to try move Sutter than Eriksson at this point

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Pretty much just 7 players to follow tonight. It will be a good game to get eyes on Bottom six minus Beagle + Baertschi + Fantenberg.

Everyone else is basically locked into their spots.

Virtanen probably needs to have a damn good game tonight because Motte looked like a good fit next to Schaller and Beagle.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Pretty much just 7 players to follow tonight. It will be a good game to get eyes on Bottom six minus Beagle + Baertschi + Fantenberg.

Everyone else is basically locked into their spots.

Virtanen probably needs to have a damn good game tonight because Motte looked like a good fit next to Schaller and Beagle.
I agree, but I still hope Schaller gets waived. He struggles to skate with the puck, even by 12/13th forward standards, his puck-handling is bad. I’m still amazed at how he’s the same guy who scored that highlight reel goal with the Bruins a couple of years ago. The guy struggled to receive tape to tape passes at times last year.

Hopefully it was just a confidence thing since he took forever to score his first as a Canuck.

Caldercanucks

Sep 12, 2019
he's actually looked fine this pre-season and had some decent little chemistry with Gaudette of all players

If Gaudette can find chemistry with Loui and Sutter cannot, then maybe Gaudette just found his way to get into the lineup - likely easier to try move Sutter than Eriksson at this point
I think Sutter only gets moved for an overpayment at this point. If the goal is to make the playoffs, then right now Sutter is on the 3rd line. I'm not against having AG play on the same line but no way is he ready to fill Sutter's role defensively. Same goes with LE. Putting aside his contract, plus all the negativity, he's still a better player than Motte, smaller and Leivo. I know a lot of people disagree, at least we can agree our goalie tandem as a chance to be top tier this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->