Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Preds - 5-2 | De(Smith)nied | Pettersson, Aman, Hoglander, Suter, Blueger

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
well that was a complete joy. Sure 7 - 0 would have been nicer, but many were on edge about this one and the way the Preds have been playing. As someone else said, all in all that was a damn near a perfect road game against a pretty good team, that has been on a roll.

Whee.

Ouch, I tried to jump on the bandwagon, but there was no room! ... This just isn't fair, I never jumped off the wagon, I just needed to refill my drink and take a piss, and now there is no room.

Doesn't seniority count for anything?

Oh, and I have never left the wagon ... thought dim Jim brought me close a few times.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Suter isn;t the long-term solution

you need to trade Kuz for someone who's more skilled than Suter
Exactly. You don’t have over $5m sit in the box because you don’t like him. It’s RT’s job to get him going. He helps EP more than I originally thought ie when Kuzy is on his game going back to last year.

Reactions: Indiana and calnuck

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Suter isn;t the long-term solution

you need to trade Kuz for someone who's more skilled than Suter
I just mean short term, it really throws a wrench into things. I think it might be unlikely for Kuzmenko to get a shot on the top 9 any time soon, nor does he have much of a chance of doing well on this particular 4th line that he's left with.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I got my first warning since 2016 for calling avs fans insecure because they come from a small market team. The main boards are fun
I need some soldiers on the main boards. You will report to @jackjohnson.

Remember, any time you encounter Avs fans, remember to bring up Hughes and then gaslight them into thinking they’re the ones who are obsessed and insecure.

• Haha
Reactions: Szechwan and WTG

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

Remember, any time you encounter Avs fans, remember to bring up Hughes and then gaslight them into thinking they’re the ones who are obsessed and insecure.
They are insecure though, the legit have a thread near the top about Hughes. It's typical small market insecurity. They are #obsessed

Reactions: Indiana

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
A 7-1-1 record in December is crazy. For all the talk of their hot start, they went 6-2-1 in October and 9-6-0 in November. So this is already the 2nd best month of the season with the potential to surpass October by a large margin.

I had them going 6-4-2 this month and they needed to go 6-5-1 to keep pace. They've already blown the doors off both of those.

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Also, all these wins this month are very important. They have a 7 game road trip in January that includes a back-to-back and no two-day breaks.

Blues - 5pm
Devils - 4pm
Rangers - 4pm (1st game of b2b)
Islanders - 4pm (2nd game of b2b)
Penguins - 4pm
Sabres - 1pm
Blue Jackets - 10am (this is a Monday?!)

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

what happened to @McJedi telling us we needed to add to move Boeser. I miss his posts when i can use a laugh. And Hughes is 4pts clear of Makar now

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Amazing win. Every line got a goal, every D pair looked great, Hughes was amazing. DeSmith is one of the best backups we've had in years. I still can't believe we just walked into one of the hottest buildings in the league and tossed them aside like that. I was not expecting this coming into the road trip

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I hope Kuzy gets back to scoring. I miss his smile. Although Tocchet is the man so can't question his decision on scratching Kuzy, he needs to play better.
He will he just has to learn that he cant just rely on being an offensive player and needs to buy into defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad