Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Kraken - 5-2 (Dries, Miller, Ekman-Larsson, Schenn, Hughes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Demko in his first full season played 64 games and had to do clean duty on multiple occasions for his backup. I'm shocked he didn't go down sooner considering his workload.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Nucks4Life

Apr 22, 2022
Demko in his first full season played 64 games and had to do clean duty on multiple occasions for his backup. I'm shocked he didn't go down sooner considering his workload.
Interestingly Hirsch on a post game either last game or game prior mentioned he thought Demko was playing hurt. He said he didn't think it was fatigue because young goalies can play that much, and many did in his era and went on to win cups.

But he said he noticed his movements and reactions were slower - I guess goalies can tell. Now can overplaying lead to that, for sure....

Regardless, its good he's getting a rest and good to see Martin getting some games in, he will need to to prepare for the full back up role next year.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I don't think your comparison is apples to apples
It’s just reality. This team sucks. There is so much work to do. The reality is the reality is my point. It wasn’t a fluke to lose to those teams. They’ve already done it before!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If we didn't crap the bed against Det, Ottawa and Buffalo we'd be in the playoffs dude
Canucks got 3/4 from Ott. 1/4 from Buf. 0-4 from Det.

In terms of beating up the bottom 9 teams they did:
6/6 vs AZ
6/6 so far vs Sea
4/4 vs Mon
2/4 vs Phi
2/4 vs NJ
4/6 vs Chi
3/4 vs Ott
0/4 vs Det
1/4 vs Buf

Total of 28/42 with the final 2 points available tonight.

8 of those 14 missed points vs Phi, Chi, Det, Buf were under Green. Under Green Canucks got 10/18 possible points vs the bottom 9.
Under BB 18/24.

Last edited:

Nucks4Life

Apr 22, 2022
Canucks got 3/4 from Ott. 1/4 from Buf. 0-4 from Det.

In terms of beating up the bottom 9 teams they did:
6/6 vs AZ
6/6 so far vs Sea
4/4 vs Mon
2/4 vs Phi
2/4 vs NJ
4/6 vs Chi
3/4 vs Ott
0/4 vs Det
1/4 vs Buf

Total of 28/42 with the final 2 points available tonight.

8 of those 14 missed points vs Phi, Chi, Det, Buf were under Green.

I was referencing that last home stand where they got beat by Det, Ottawa, Buf and I believe NJ (could be wrong on that last one)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I was referencing that last home stand where they got beat by Det, Ottawa, Buf and I believe NJ (could be wrong on that last one)
All true. I’m just looking at the year as a whole. That 7 gamer was a make or break. 3/8 vs the 4 of them and getting 2/6 vs Was, TB, Cal killed them.

Nothing is guaranteed. Last week Sea beat Col and Det beat TB.

Nucks4Life

Apr 22, 2022
All true. I’m just looking at the year as a whole. That 7 gamer was a make or break. 3/8 vs the 4 of them and getting 2/6 vs Was, TB, Cal killed them.

Nothing is guaranteed. Last week Sea beat Col and Det beat TB.
7 game homestand with so much on the line and you crap the bed - I think that tells us they don't deserve to be a playoff team....

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
please-god-just-let-this-end.gif

Reactions: Ginger Papa

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
So we’re using the black skate jersey randomly for two games? Decent PR move to divert attention from missing the playoffs.

Now if they announce a Bruce extension within the next 2 weeks, that’ll be another PR master class move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad